Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mould in corner

Options
  • 08-02-2009 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi my bedroom is at the gable end of my house. and there is quiet a fair amount of mould on the wall. i have only just moved in.:rolleyes: it is heaviest in the corners and along the skirting board and it continues up to the celing but it gets less dense/heavy as it gets near the celing!!!!
    My question is. Is there a product or chemical that i could purchase or make with stuff around the house you know like vinegar has like a million uses, to get rid of this mould, and when the product has done its job how do i stop the mould coming back!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Always wanted to know the answer to this meself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

This sounds like condensation that the mould is growing on. It is caused where warm air rises and does not circulate. First of all clean off the mould with diluted bleach. Then get a loan of a de-humidifier and run it over a few days this will take the moisture out of the air. Then burst a 4" hole through the wall and add vents inside and out, that allows the air to enter the room and then it has some where to exit. If it has nowhere to exit it just stays there complete with the moisture in the air. You may need vents on the bottom and the top. That should stop it.
    Regards.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tyler83

enfield wrote: »
    This sounds like condensation that the mould is growing on. It is caused where warm air rises and does not circulate. First of all clean off the mould with diluted bleach. Then get a loan of a de-humidifier and run it over a few days this will take the moisture out of the air. Then burst a 4" hole through the wall and add vents inside and out, that allows the air to enter the room and then it has some where to exit. If it has nowhere to exit it just stays there complete with the moisture in the air. You may need vents on the bottom and the top. That should stop it.
    Regards.
    Tom.
    Bleach obvious really thanks for that wont be knocking out any holes but il give the room a good airing over the next couple of days cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Vinegar will do the trick also mixed with a little soapy water. Be sure to rinse the wall afterward and dry it also. No need to be punching holes in the wall. Just make sure the room gets aired frequently and if you can leave the room door open as much as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tyler83

Vinegar will do the trick also mixed with a little soapy water. Be sure to rinse the wall afterward and dry it also. No need to be punching holes in the wall. Just make sure the room gets aired frequently and if you can leave the room door open as much as you can.
    Vinegar is there anything it cant do. how muh vinegar to water ratio or does that matter

• Advertisement
Advertisement