Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman - Customer Services Contact Details

Options
  • 08-02-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I bought a laptop off Harvey Norman, which broke twice and was sent off to HP for repair. This saga has been ongong since August and sice buying the laptop I have not had the use for it for more than 2 months.

The last time I brought it in for repair, I was told that if it came back faulty again it would be replaced. I have just come back and after testing it in the shop, it was faulty again. I discussed my stance with the Floor Manager for about 30 minutes and was basically told they would take it off me again and look at it but they point blank refused to do anymore to help me.

As you can imagine I am really unhappy with this. When I asked for a replacement he told me that Harvey's policy was not to offer refunds or replacements and that it was not my right to request either.

I know want to escalate the matter but cannot find any Customer Services telephone number or email address. Can you please let me know if anybody has either of these.

Any advice on what to do next would be really really helpful as waiting 4-5 months just to get a product I paid good money for is not acceptable in my mind.

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Harvey's policy
    Ask the floor manager should you just goto the small claims court for being sold a defective product, and the shop whom you bought it off being unwilling to have it properly fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Is it a hardware or software problem?

Did you get the engineers report from HP what does it say,

In theory you would need all these to file small claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

I believe most of them are franchises so theres not going to be a head office so to speak...

Take them to small claims court, you'll win...

Advertisement