Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dripping skylight problem. HELP!!!

Options
  • 08-02-2009 8:53pm

hi all,
    i bought my house about 2 years back. there is an flat roof extension on the back with two plastic dome skylights ( one on kitchen and one on utility room ) . during winter a lot of condensation forms on the inside of the skylights and drips onto the floor, not a huge amount but enough to be REALLY REALLY ANNOYING:mad:. as you probably know condensation occurs when hot air rising from the radiator meets the cold surface of the skylight. so i was thinking if i suspended a sheet of perspex flush with the ceiling and seal it, this would leave about a 20 inch gap between the perspex sheet and the skylight. does anyone think this would sort it ??? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

I thought those domes were designed to let condensation run down the sides and into a vent along the bottom edge. Have you checked to make sure the vents aren't blocked?

there is definetely no vents.

Advertisement