Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laundrette in dublin

Options
  • 08-02-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but i couldnt think where to put it!

I've been very busy and stressed out in work and at home the last few months, and i've really let things get on top of me i'm ashamed to admit, not least the laundry in the house, its piled up and with the weather the way it is i'll be weeks sorting the place out.

is there a laundrette in the dublin area that will just take clothes and sheets and wash them for you (apart from dry cleaners)? or is it a case of sitting watching the stuff as it washes like a laundrette ive seen around here..

i know this sounds like a stupid question but it would take such a load off..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

where abouts in dublin are you ?
    There are plenty of places that do a service wash, you drop your bags in
    and then pick them up later all washed, dried and folded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Moved from tLL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Mixedup

I'm on the northside, near artane.

Service wash sounds great, i know i must sound so clueless but i've never had to go to a laundrette before, is it just sheets they wash or can you give them clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You need somewhere like Supreme Wash on Belvedere Road (Dublin 1) but I'm sure there are many more similar places.

BelvedereRoadSupremeWash-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Mixedup

thanks a million! i'll give that a try so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ccswinston

HI I was just reading your difficulty on the launderette scene. I had the same problem finding a launderette/drycleaners since the one closed down on Parnell Street in Dublin 1. Thankfully someone has opened a launderette on Bolton Street, its directly across from the DIT college building, (i had to walk up and down before i found it) but i'm glad i did cause they are very approachable in the shop, which is such a nice change
    Hope this helps someone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

One under the railway bridge on Talbot Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

ccswinston wrote: »
    HI I was just reading your difficulty on the launderette scene. I had the same problem finding a launderette/drycleaners since the one closed down on Parnell Street in Dublin 1. Thankfully someone has opened a launderette on Bolton Street, its directly across from the DIT college building, (i had to walk up and down before i found it) but i'm glad i did cause they are very approachable in the shop, which is such a nice change
    Hope this helps someone.

Good luck with your new business :rolleyes:

I live in the city centre on Parnell street near Capel Street. Talbot street would be too far. I am sure there are lots of people where i live that are glad to finally have a launderette back in the community. Badly needed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I know it might be a bit away from you but I use Day & Night Laundry on Prussia St. just beside Tescos. Like yourself, all the laundry/ironing was stressing me out (though I admit I wasn't doing much ironing!).

So I use the launderette for both washing (everything - clothes, sheets, towels) and I also leave in the ironing.

To me it's worth it, as my time is more valuable to me. My weekends are short enough without doing all this stuff. It helps take away some of the stress.

Now I'm looking for a company that will deliver home-made dinners to me!

• Advertisement

:)Yeah, the ironing is the best about The White Swan launderette. I must be the worst ironer in the whole of Ireland. Bolton Street is the nearest for me as it is two minutes away and i just have to run a bag up to them and collect next day on the way home from work.
    My sister had her Wedding Dress cleaned by them last week and she was very pleased with the result. She said she paid 65e. I think thats cheap, but she said there can be horror stories about Wedding Dresses being cleaned so to find a good place is a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

found this place on my google search for laundry services.. http://www.cleanfreaks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anybody have any idea how much it costs to get feather duvets washed and dried in a launderette/dry cleaners.

King size and double , please

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bmeemb

hi, yes launderette on talbot st under the bridge, dont know their prices but i know they are reasonable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bmeemb

Hi Could anyone help me, as to where I could find Sunway's ltd insurers? Would appreciate any help or direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Why would you need to find their insurers?

Advertisement