Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the Road, Kerouac, in UCD

Options
  • 08-02-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I read the other day the the original Kerouac manuscript for 'On the Road' (the single amphetamine-fueled spool) will be residing in UCD for the next month for public viewing. Its always been one of my favorite novels and so I thought I'd go and take a look sometime next week.
    Does anyone know what the proceedure is for viewing it and if its even worthwhile?
    Jones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I tried this:) and it led me to the details at the bottom of the page here

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sweet Jones

sceptre wrote: »
    I tried this:) and it led me to the details at the bottom of the page here

Thanks for patronising a nice response for me. What I really meant was: has anyone seen it? is it worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thanks for patronising a nice response for me.
    Less patronising, with all due respect, I was showing how easy it was to find out the answer to the first part of your question, as well as answering the question. Google is underused. Apologies - it came across as heavy-handed.
    What I really meant was: has anyone seen it? is it worthwhile?
    I haven't seen it but judging from the pictures in the link I posted, it looks really interesting and almost certainly worthwhile. There are enough facsimiles of the book of kells (as Ireland's most famous displayed manuscript) around that there's very little to be gained from actually seeing it but this is something that, presuming that you haven't seen it, adds to the experience of the book. Especially when it's one of your favourites. If I was in Dublin, I'd go to see it.

Advertisement