Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WORST TNG episodes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

That's an interesting interpretation. I never really thought of trek in those terms of promoting species narcissism with regards to the different races! What would you say of all the forgettable alien of the week species with splotches of make up on their noses, foreheads or chins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

That's an interesting interpretation. I never really thought of trek in those terms of promoting species narcissism with regards to the different races! What would you say of all the forgettable alien of the week species with splotches of make up on their noses, foreheads or chins?

The above is completely my personal opinion on the races, so not sure how well it will bear out to full examination. It just made a lot of sense to me.

Also I base that on the core species that have reoccuring/major roles in Trek.

Klingon: warrior, agression, passion
    Romulan: untrustworthy, emotional, underhanded
    Vulcan: scientific, logical, cold
    Cardissian: militaristic, totalitarian, brutal
    Ferengi: capatalistic, ruthless, sneaky
    Etc.
    With Humans being not the best at anything individually but the overall best

The Alien of the week generally tend to be underdeveloped (singular characters) anyway, so can not get a species view of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Rawr wrote: »
    Worst TNG?....damn....that's a tough one.
    Regardless of season, just about every episode with any focus on Wesley is just awful, and Season One has too many of them.

a big +1

any epsiode focussing on "the boy" is an infuriating episode

Virgin 1's ep today - samaritan snare- is a good example.
    Interesting thread about Geordie being kidnapped, spoiled by Jean-Luc sharing his sandwiches with "the boy" in a shuttle.
    That boy - and his "I'm the only one who can give you orders, Jean-Luc" mother drive me to distraction.

Oh yeah - since this is my first post in here - hello from a big TNG fan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I think most have been metioned but Cost of Living sticks out in my mind, its another bastard holdeck epsoide with Lwaxana Troi :mad: and Worfs annoying little sprog

Advertisement