Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usage Stats across the network - how to?

Options
  • 08-02-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a neighbour subletting my connection, which he says is to check his email and stuff. At the moment i am not convinced and see my streaming very slow.

Is there a way i can check his download stats, as per his IP, cause it's different to mine.

I can check my usage stats on Eircom page, but I can't recall downloading 30gig of stuff last month. Which is why I would like to know what he downloaded.

thanks in advance
    Neuro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

FWIW, in case you aren't aware, what you're doing is probably in contravention of your ISP's TOS.

Netmeter is a handy tool for monitoring your bandwidth usage, though it is a standalone app so will only let you monitor your own usage.

If you're just using the router supplied to you by your ISP then there may not be much you can do in terms of monitoring the neighbour's usage. If you're lucky, it may be one you could flash with Tomato or DD-WRT firmware, but most likely it isn't.

Other option would be to set up an old pc as a router - there would be a few ways you could go about this and do what you want.

Also, if you want to limit him, QOS would let you achieve how much of your bandwidth he can use. If the router you are using is relatively new, it should be able to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

FredH3as wrote: »

Hardly the same thing, what's your point?

Advertisement