Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PL Title run in

• 08-02-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Teams	P	Pts
    1	Man Utd	24	56
    2	Liverpl	25	54
    3	Villa	25	51
    4	Chelsea	25	49
    5	Arsenal	25	44
    6	Everton	25	40

Ok so except for Utd the rest of the top six have played 25 games and it looks like its Utd's title to loose at the moment but Liverpool are still well in contention.

My own team Villa have surprised many including myself and well in the mix after winning 7 away games on the trot, although some tough fixtures coming up will soon show if we are really going to break into the top 4.

Chelsea look like a team that could be in trouble although they have the talent to at least challenge for second if they can sort out their problems.

Arsenal look imo like the really could have a job trying to gt CL football, but with Arshavin coming in and Eduardo coming back they could go a long winning run.

Everton are consistently winning and I wouldn't count them out of a top 4 finish in anyway.

Loads of exciting games again, discuss but be friendly :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yaeee 1st post

most exciting league in yrs

villa have a big match coming up against chelsea

that could settle 3rd place imo

man utd fixtures for the rest of the season also shows what matches are on tv and what station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Headshot wrote: »
    yaeee 1st post

most exciting league in yrs

villa have a big match coming up against chelsea

that could settle 3rd place imo
    It may be exciting now but it could be all over in 4-5 weeks.

Its nice to see Villa getting up there and hopefully they can take away one of the big four places.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Villain wrote: »
    [
    Arsenal look imo like the really could have a job trying to gt CL football, but with Arshavin coming in and Eduardo coming back they could go a long winning run.

Hmmm there is no doubting that both of those players will help Arsenal score an extra few goals but neither address the glaring shortcoming of the team/squad. I am genuinely shocked that he made no apparent attempts to sign a defensive midfielder - even some 32 year old on a free contract just to add some experience to the set up.

I really like Arsenal but I am very worried for them at the moment. It is looking increasingly likely that they won't make the top 4 and I fear what will happen to a large chunk of their first team if they don't make the CL next season. Maybe they will do a Liverpool and win the CL..

Saying all that, if they do straighten things out they could easily find themselves rising up the table extremely quickly. If can stay in touch with the leading pack, they could end up surprising everyone as they face Liverpool, Chelsea and United in the closing stages of the season. Either way, their run in means that they will have a massive influence on who wins the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This thread is going to be the cause of so many infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Utds league to throw away at this stage but could happen you never know. Liverpool need to string together a decent run of wins or at least win at OT.

Would love to see Villa finish top 4, preferrable with Arsenal pipping Chelsea to 4th. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jaykay74 wrote: »

Would love to see Villa finish top 4, preferrable with Arsenal pipping Chelsea to 4th. :D

ya thats how i would like to see happen too

I do like Arsenal style of soccer,brilliant to watch at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

4 months? That's a long run in. Anything could happen yet, several times over.

Come back to this thread in March and it'll be interesting.

p.s. Do not count Chelsea out of the title race yet. In my opinion, it's still between them and United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Just did out that predictor thing on BBC sports, it ended up Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Arsenal, with Chelsea only pipping Aston Villa on goal difference. I tried to be as realistic as possible but I'm sure some bias came into play! I have to agree that it's a very exciting Premiership this year, especially with Aston Villa potentially breaking the monopoly of the Big 4 on the CL spots. I hope it keeps up the excitement though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

If United were to lose the title to anyone I would be none more happy for that title to go to Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Chong wrote: »
    If United were to lose the title to anyone I would be none more happy for that title to go to Villa.
    As long as it's not Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

Would be interesting to see if Arsenal did finish outside the top 4 whom of their top players would look for new clubs. Read somewhere today that Fab, Van P and Adeboyer would consider leaving, if any id think Adeboyer would go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How amazing would it be if Villa won the title? I think I'd almost be happy if United lost the title to Villa. Almost :)

---

If Arsenal didnt come top 4, can't see Fab leaving. He's too loyal to Wenger, at least 2 more years. Van Persie, Adebayour, Toure, Gallas, Rosicky all might look elsewhere. But I'd imagine only half would get appropriate bids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PHB wrote: »
    How amazing would it be if Villa won the title? I think I'd almost be happy if United lost the title to Villa. Almost :)

---

If Arsenal didnt come top 4, can't see Fab leaving. He's too loyal to Wenger, at least 2 more years. Van Persie, Adebayour, Toure, Gallas, Rosicky all might look elsewhere. But I'd imagine only half would get appropriate bids.

It would actually be fantastic for the league alright. Something to show that its not just limited to the super duper clubs.

Having said that it would make me the happiest man alive if pool won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

doonothing wrote: »
    Just did out that predictor thing on BBC sports, it ended up Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Arsenal, with Chelsea only pipping Aston Villa on goal difference. I tried to be as realistic as possible but I'm sure some bias came into play! I have to agree that it's a very exciting Premiership this year, especially with Aston Villa potentially breaking the monopoly of the Big 4 on the CL spots. I hope it keeps up the excitement though...

i just did it there aswell did it a bit rushed but got the same as you with chelsea just ahead of villa on goal difference..united top but also just winning it on goal difference ahead of liverpool...haha.. might do it again tomorrow when i have a bit more time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PHB, glad to have you back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hmmm there is no doubting that both of those players will help Arsenal score an extra few goals but neither address the glaring shortcoming of the team/squad. I am genuinely shocked that he made no apparent attempts to sign a defensive midfielder - even some 32 year old on a free contract just to add some experience to the set up.

I really like Arsenal but I am very worried for them at the moment. It is looking increasingly likely that they won't make the top 4 and I fear what will happen to a large chunk of their first team if they don't make the CL next season. Maybe they will do a Liverpool and win the CL..

Saying all that, if they do straighten things out they could easily find themselves rising up the table extremely quickly. If can stay in touch with the leading pack, they could end up surprising everyone as they face Liverpool, Chelsea and United in the closing stages of the season. Either way, their run in means that they will have a massive influence on who wins the title.

Injuries have not helped Arsenal particularly in the last month or so, we are unbeaten in ten games now,though too many draws in that run which is costing us at the moment, I still believe Arsenal will finish top 4, possibly at Chelseas expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I must be dazed and confused lads. I gave that BBC predictor a bash and got Arsenal 2nd one point ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea another point back.

Arsenal 80pts
    Liverpool 79pts
    Chelsea 78pts
    Aston Villa 73pts

United won by a stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Injuries have not helped Arsenal particularly in the last month or so, we are unbeaten in ten games now,though too many draws in that run which is costing us at the moment, I still believe Arsenal will finish top 4, possibly at Chelseas expense.

I actually like Arsenal, acknowledge that they have suffered from injuries, want them to finish in the top 4 and would love it to happen at the expense of Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This thread is going to be the cause of so many infractions.
    Nah, we're all adults right? :pac:

Advertisement