Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Mortgage Repayment? (2009)

Options
  • 08-02-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭

How much is your Mortgage Repayment? (€/month)

How much is your Mortgage Repayment? (€/month) 258 votes

Under €100 per month
    0% 0 votes
    €100-249
    0% 0 votes
    €250-499
    0% 2 votes
    €500-749
    5% 13 votes
    €750-999
    15% 41 votes
    €1,000-1,249
    24% 64 votes
    €1,250-1,499
    27% 71 votes
    €1,500-1,999
    9% 25 votes
    €2,000-2,499
    9% 25 votes
    over €2,500
    1% 5 votes
    Mortgage paid off
    3% 9 votes
    No mortgage
    1% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

Shouldn't the title be 2009, not 2008? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

interesting poll.

id imagine the results from last year to this would he sooo different

Personally my mortgage has dropped from approx €1,850 per month to approx €1,200 you gotta to love Trichet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

Agreed. Mine has fallen from 1,150 during the peak last year to just under 800 as a result of yesterdays change. I have a fixed overpayment up to 1,200 so I'm happily chipping away more of my mortgage than ever before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JOL

Interesting post +1

Our mortgage has dropped by €250 per month in the last 6 months.

Thanks god for Trichet & Tracker ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

JOL wrote: »
    Interesting post +1

Our mortgage has dropped by €250 per month in the last 6 months.

Thanks god for Trichet & Tracker ;)

Yes, Thank god.... My Mortgage has now dropped below the 500 Euro p.m. mark since last intrest rate drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

With the interest rates so low, you should be trying to pay off as much capital as possible. Keep the payments at the same level... assuming you can afford to.

Then, its less of a burden when they go back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I would like to but my circumstances are about to change and i really can't afford to at this time. If you could fix the mortgage at current rates would be good?

Allthough i hear people are paying small fortunes trying to get out of fixed rate mortgages set at much higher intrest rates at the moment. Don't know what that would cost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

Fixed rate mortgages are a really good deal at the moment. The only way that rates can go is up....if they do go down, it will only be by a small margin.

Therefore, if things are going to be tight - fix it at the best deal you can get. It will be more than your variable rate but if the ECB rate goes up by 0.5% (which it will at some point), then you'll be ahead of the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 amalfi

Where is the best place to get a mortgage right now? I can't keep up with all of the rate changes and it's putting me off buying at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

AIB only slightly better than BOI, EBS are doing business too but with strict criteria, aside from that it's fairly rough, good idea to talk to a well known broker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

amalfi wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get a mortgage right now? I can't keep up with all of the rate changes and it's putting me off buying at this stage!

Try Halifax i have a tracker with those guys and its super ECB +.75 :)

Although trackers are long gone their fixed rates are excellent too but if memory serves me correct a good lump sum is needed at first and also the house has to be complete before they release the cash...those are the drawbacks fro getting the good rates...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alliejo

Fancy That wrote: »
    Try Halifax i have a tracker with those guys and its super ECB +.75 :)

Although trackers are long gone their fixed rates are excellent too but if memory serves me correct a good lump sum is needed at first and also the house has to be complete before they release the cash...those are the drawbacks fro getting the good rates...:(
    you should apply to a broker I think they can give the best independent advise. I used mortgages.ie , found them really helpful when buying my first house 4 months ago. check them out www.mortgages.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 g021283

i just checked my internet banking this morning....my mortgage has gone up 90 euro.....im on a fixed rate....what am i missing....was there something in the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check if your Tax Relief at Source is up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

what's the easiest way to do that?

Advertisement