Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kid friendly restaurants in dublin

Options
  • 08-02-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

hi, this has prob been done 10 times already so feel free to delete, i'm looking for a restaurant for dinner valentines night, for myself hubby and our 10yr old, nothin romantic or posh, just a little step up from mcdonalds, any suggestions, we'll be staying on o connell streeet.. thanks:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

ilovecars wrote: »
    hi, this has prob been done 10 times already so feel free to delete, i'm looking for a restaurant for dinner valentines night, for myself hubby and our 10yr old, nothin romantic or posh, just a little step up from mcdonalds, any suggestions, we'll be staying on o connell streeet.. thanks:o

Try Abacus restaurant, part of the Academy Plaza Hotel, just off O'Connell Street. They have special valentines menus on too. Opens daily at 5:30pm

Outside of that there are a number of child friendly restaurants around the city, not aware of any that would not welcome a 10 year old, we often go out with ours 4, 2 & 1 and have no issues.

We had a few meals in Abacus including most recently a christening with 35/40 persons including about 6-8 kids and there was no issues at all. Everyone have a lovely time.

abacus@academyplazahotel.ie or 01 878 0666 / 01 873 4444

Cheers,
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MrMiyagi

Burgerking on O'Connell street

They do a selection of meals at reasonable prices

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Bad Ass Cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ilovecars wrote: »

Flanagan's opposite the Gresham on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Hi OP... would you try Market bar on Georges st.? Bit out of the way, but very very kid friendly until about 7.30, lots of space for the kids to explore. Great cheap tapas with an excellent kids menu. Good wines and beers for the folks too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Thunder Road Cafe is a great spot, we often go there with our 2 year old! Its only 5 min walk from O'Connell St in Temple Bar!

http://www.thunderroadcafe.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

branners69 wrote: »
    Thunder Road Cafe is a great spot, we often go there with our 2 year old! Its only 5 min walk from O'Connell St in Temple Bar!

http://www.thunderroadcafe.com/

that's where I'd head for, we always have a great time in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

thanks a mil , will hav a look at all of the above now..:o

Advertisement