Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers Discrimination in Dublin

Options
  • 08-02-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Am i the only reason that has been turned a way from a nightclub(ive counted 4 times now) because im not from that part of the city(southside)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

hahahahahahha no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

The bouncers in coppers are terribly racist.
    I was trying to get in there last night after I left the Gaiety. His excuse was that I was too drunk or something, I don't really remember. I was pretty drunk. But I'm 100% sure it was because I am white.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Zatman wrote: »
    Am i the only reason that has been turned a way from a nightclub(ive counted 4 times now) because im not from that part of the city(southside)?

How is this racism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

So where are you from and are you white since you're bringing racism into it?

You mentioned you're not from that part of Dublin but you are from Dublin?
    Just saying that people throw around the racist term too often so are you realy a non-national or some other race?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

wrong colour , if u are yellow brown bl/wh black u will get in !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

mikemac wrote: »
    So where are you from and are you white since you're bringing racism into it?

You mentioned you're not from that part of Dublin but you are from Dublin?
    Just saying that people throw around the racist term too often so are you realy a non-national or some other race?

I think you need to re-read the (awful) joke in the post. On another matter, why did you write non-national and not simply 'foreigner'? That word really annoys me, everyone has a nationality

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

to the guy who said how is it racism

Racism is the belief that people of some races are inferior to others, and the behaviour which is the result of this belief.
    That sounds liek Southside people and bars to me

Re-Mike Mac

Im from Dublin the northside and the bouncers wouldnt let us in when they heard us mention it during conversation. 2 friends already got in the door before it and we were sober

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Zatman wrote: »
    to the guy who said how is it racism

Racism is the belief that people of some races are inferior to others, and the behaviour which is the result of this belief.
    That sounds liek Southside people and bars to me

How is living on the North or Southside a different race?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

On another matter, why did you write non-national and not simply 'foreigner'? That word really annoys me, everyone has a nationality

Meh, I use it as it's what RTE, the government and just about every newspaper uses. If it's ok for the government departments then it's ok for me.

So you're from the Northside of Dublin and you reckon the bouncers are racist against you?
    Yep, you know the definition but that ain't racism. As you are the same race as the locals of that nightclub and the bouncers.
    It's discrimination, it isn't racism and I'm not trying to be pedantic over it.
    As I said, it's thrown around too often and this doesn't help the cases where it genuinely happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Fine i will edit the title so others can understand. Discrimination was the word i wanted but couldnt remember i knew Racism might be a bit too strong but i think you get my point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

This has happened to a friend and I actually.

Bouncer: "ID please"
    Me: "Yeah, of course"
    Bouncer: "Where are we coming from lads?"
    Me: "Marino"
    Bouncer: "Marino College?"
    Me: "No. Marino, I live there"
    Bouncer: "Not tonight lads"
    Me: "What? Why not?"
    Bouncer: "I don't have to give you a reason."

I'm never going there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    This has happened to a friend and I actually.

Bouncer: "ID please"
    Me: "Yeah, of course"
    Bouncer: "Where are we coming from lads?"
    Me: "Marino"
    Bouncer: "Marino College?"
    Me: "No. Marino, I live there"
    Bouncer: "Not tonight lads"
    Me: "What? Why not?"
    Bouncer: "I don't have to give you a reason."

I'm never going there again.

Deadly.

This discussion has been closed.