Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single on Valentine's day....

Options
  • 08-02-2009 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have been single for a ridiculously long time; not something that bothers me usually but around now it seems there are couples EVERYwhere! I'm not a particularly big fan of Valentine's Day anyway (although that might have something to do with me being all bitter and alone!) but it would be nice to get a card or even a happy valentine's day text..sniff sniff

Considering the huge majority of my friends are in long term relationships, they're all planning weekends away/dinner/nights in etc. So do I a) gather up the few singletons left among us and go out on the piss, or b) sit at home and wallow in self pity?! Hmmm decisions decisions! :)

What's everyone else planning for V-Day (if anything)? Or could you not be bothered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it is a day.

it is a day made up.

it is a day made up by a corporation.

it is a day made up by a corporation to make money.

couples are EVERYWHERE everyday. Feb 14th should be no different.

what am i going to do? ahh i dunno i'll probably sleep half the day like i normally do then head to my nephews birthday party. just an ordinary ****e day with the unusual birthday party thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Really not bothered
    Go out and do what you'd normally do

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Can't be arsed doing anything on Valentine's Day, it's a pure Hallmark holiday. So the short answer to the question: 6 mile run, and work on my final year project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭DeCoR18

B sounds fairly handy I think. Have a good one. Sure if that doesn't work out A maybe?

Thanks.

DeCoR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Nothing planned, and not too bothered about what to do on the day itself.

It is a total Hallmark Holiday, but.....well....damn Hallmark marketing tendencies. Dunnes have big displays of cards, flowers and chocolates that I face when running in for some bread. I was looking for a birthday card yesterday and had to navigate past rows of V Day ones in the card shop. The florists have posters up.

Couples are every where all year round, but all this 'i wuv you' crap isn't in the shops all the time.

Walking past the cards I did feel a little pang that I don't have someone special to choose one for, and that there isn't anyone out there looking at the cards picking one for me either. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I know the feeling, it seems like all my friends are in serious relationships. Just getting to that age I guess (25!) where there are fewer people on my side of the line. It does get me a bit down, but not as much as my relatives continually saying "have you not found anyone yet?"

No, no I haven't, in fact I wasn't aware I was meant to be looking. I'm not bloody mountain rescue.

Ah, bitter resentment, my old friend...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

cuckoo wrote: »
    and that there isn't anyone out there looking at the cards picking one for me either. :(

I has girlfriend but sure I'll get ya one.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

i would kill my boyfriend if he came home with flowers and such! we have nothing planned! simply couldnt be arsed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement