Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will this be the easiest of all PL wins for Utd.?

• 09-02-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

After Wed night Utd. will be 5 pts clear of the field ( before anyone comes on saying this might not be the case - wake up to reality) and looking at their fixtures for the rest of the season this is looking like an absolute stroll for Utd. With their main rivals in crisis (Chelsea) surely it is a matter how far Utd. are going to win by.

They havn't conceded a goal in 13 matches? So question is how far will they win by?

How far will Utd. win by? 21 votes

0-5 pts
    0% 0 votes
    6-10 pts
    19% 4 votes
    10 pts +
    47% 10 votes
    Atari Liverpool
    33% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I don't think United are going to win by a huge amount. I guess i just don't want to hold my breath to soon. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Wow this is premature, bit ridiculous really, theres a long long time to go, United aren't immune to dropping points you know!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i think theyll win at a canter tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Far too early for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Not a Man.U. fan but
    I think its done and dusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

We will most certainly not repeat the 18 points we won it by in 99/00.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Warper wrote: »
    After Wed night Utd. will be 5 pts clear of the field ( before anyone comes on saying this might not be the case - wake up to reality)
    Fulham drew with Liverpool and Chelsea and beat Arsenal

They have the best defense outside the top 4

Might want to recount your chickens

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Fulham drew with Liverpool and Chelsea and beat Arsenal

They have the best defense outside the top 4

Might want to recount your chickens

Outside the 4, I think you'll find that their defense is better than Arsenal and Villa's.You could say it's better than the Chelsea defense we've seen over the last month or so.

United will still win though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Tempt fate much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Will this be the easiest of all PL wins for Utd.?

You obviously weren't around in 2000 and 2001.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They'll win it at a canter tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Helix wrote: »
    i think theyll win at a canter tbh

+1.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Far too early for all this talk. The league is won in march and april, not before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Ridiculous thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Save this for later (could be funny on May 24th).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

10 points +

Disgusted with chelsea this season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

They'll win by 5-10 points , Liverpool are their only challengers and they're managed by Benetez..... that is all.

Not a ManU or Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Will this be the easiest of all PL wins for Utd?

Probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hull will win it on the last day of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fair enough - maybe i am akin to a little Liverpool bashing but the blind reality is Liverpool have no chance of winning the League this year nor have they a chance in the forthcoming years and the main reason is Benitez - i mean the dogs in the street know this and Ferguson knows this, so Utd's only realistic rival - namely Chelsea who are floundering at the moment means Utd. are going to to win the PL in an absolute canter - i mean we are at the start of February and it's all over.

The sad thing is Utd. are playing poorly but they still have enough about them to win scrappy matches - in this ruthless era of modern football, Scolari and Benitez are prime candidates for the bullet in the summer but yet most Liverpool fans think Benitez is doing a good job where Chelsea fans realise Scolari is not the man for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I can see bookies paying out on Man U at the end of march to be honest. Liverpool are falling apart, chelsae arent good enough and villa re a pipe dream, utd are virtually 5 points clear already and they only look like extending that lead.

Hate utd... but they are the best team in the world right now and its mainly because of that ****ing defence, Nemanja is a beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Seaneh wrote: »
    I can see bookies paying out on Man U at the end of march to be honest. Liverpool are falling apart, chelsae arent good enough and villa re a pipe dream, utd are virtually 5 points clear already and they only look like extending that lead.

Hate utd... but they are the best team in the world right now and its mainly because of that ****ing defence, Nemanja is a beast.

Wrong - Barcelona are the best team in the world right now but i agree with you, Vidic is a beast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

20 points! hahaha liverpool! eat that ooooohhhh yeah.

the 00/01 season was easy for them iirc

Warper wrote: »
    Wrong - Barcelona are the best team in the world right now but i agree with you, Vidic is a beast.

Not with that bloody defence they're not.

Valdes - Average at best.

Pouyol - Extremely "incident" prone, slow, short, not smart enough.

Marquez - is a DMF

Pique - isnt ready

Abidol - is just, not world class.

Alves - is barces second best player this year... so they have 1 world class defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Valdes - Average at best.

Pouyol - Extremely "incident" prone, slow, short, not smart enough.

Marquez - is a DMF

Pique - isnt ready

Abidol - is just, not world class.

Alves - is barces second best player this year... so they have 1 world class defender.

No, just no.

Care to expand?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

They've conceded only 16 goals in 22 league games, which is quite impressive, wouldn't you agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

As a Utd fan ,I know where I would be putting my money if we draw Barca in the Cl and it wouldnt be United.
    Barca are simply too good at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ok lads, I'm just going to close this thread because I can't see anything good coming from it. We are already veering off topic somewhat.

Man Utd are currently 1 / 5 with Ladbrokes to win the title. They are extremely likely to win the league before the last game, but whether they can break their greatest previous margin of victory remains to be seen. I really don't think much more can be said at this point in time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement