Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1943 !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Out on the PC late summer and it does look very good, I just hope they dont incld that fooking WAKE ISLAND map....jesus they are milking that map to death and its not that good ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Out on the PC late summer and it does look very good, I just hope they dont incld that fooking WAKE ISLAND map....jesus they are milking that map to death and its not that good ffs!

Did you even look at the Video ? It's wake Island !

I am not a big fan of that map but there is no denying it is one of the most popular maps for BF , therefore the vast majority seem to think it is a good map .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Wake was a great map but they couldn't leave it as it was, they had to dumb it down for consoles it seems.

'Wake Island used to be one team defending the island and the other team attacking it. Now we've made it so there are two carriers and both teams are attacking the island, just to make things fair.'

Seriously what made Wake fun was attacking or defending not this bullshít . Welcome to consolefield 1943.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

3 maps

unlimited ammo

Hmmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

umlimited ammo..christ's sake...:mad:

well to be fair what happened in bf2 bfv and 1942 in you ran out of ammo you either go to an ammo crate or pick up someones kit tbh i don't see how this will have any ill effect on the game at all

regarding three maps its expected to be priced at €20 which im more than happy to pay for a game that looks this good, so what if there is only three maps be honest and say how many maps you actually play in bf2

also there will be more maps released in the future as down loadable content fair enough you will have to pay for them, but as long as you can have a good laugh on ts/vent with your mates i couldn't care less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Having played all 3 BF's so far I think this will be pretty decent. Graphics look decent, maps are decent, ok there are only 3 but so what. All this has to do is capture 50% of what BF42 was about and it will be a winner.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
    If its anything like BF1942 it will be superb.
    As for 3 maps only,in fairness once the 3 maps are top class who cares?
    Infinite ammo, again no harm in this, its all about fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dcully wrote: »
    Infinite ammo, again no harm in this.

Suits my camping tactic so:D

• Advertisement

Suits my camping tactic so:D

tut sigh shano tut sigh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

looks fun this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

out in june on consoles and pc in SEPTEMBER

we have been forsaken :(

Fcuk u EA :mad:

PC made the battlefield series what it is and they go off and do this.

And now I know why they;'re doing it.
    Simple..a lot of pc gamers have xbox or ps3..
    So why not delay the PC game so we get sick of waiting for it and buy it on either console.
    Then when it's released to PC we buy it again..fcukin bastards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hit_it_strong

Looks great but the fully destructable environment could be uber-taxing on the system. Should be tonnes of downloadable content...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Looks great but the fully destructable environment could be uber-taxing on the system. Should be tonnes of downloadable content...

And charged to the hilt for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

dreamers75 wrote: »

I still get goosebumps when I hear it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Do you guys still buy these pos games? Seriously EA are rip off merchants, if you want to rule out disappointment then dont buy EA.

They release games when they clearly arent finished, the bullet reg is terrible but nobody notices due to them hogging vehicles. Add onto the fact that they make you pay for additional content which any decent games company would just release for free (Take TF2 for example).

EA are money grubbing whores, they provide nothing fresh and just polish up what you've already played before and you lap it up every time =/

If you dont buy their games, they will be forced to change their ways :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

nix wrote: »
    they make you pay for additional content which any decent games company would just release for free
    just to point out many 'decent' game companies charge for dlc, and EA do release free dlc's such as the one available for battlefield bad company

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Redlion wrote: »
    just to point out many 'decent' game companies charge for dlc, and EA do release free dlc's such as the one available for battlefield bad company

Examples please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

nix wrote: »
    Examples please :)

conquest mode

community map pack

both free

I am not a big fan of that map but there is no denying it is one of the most popular maps for BF , therefore the vast majority seem to think it is a good map .

Wake Island regardless of its content is the best base design for how a conquest map should be layed out, it allows bottle necks, flanking intense armour/infanty combo's and trumps teamwork above all else. It's not too big that players could run off to some corner and never run into anyone, nor is it too small that players are not given a chance to stop and formulate a plan. (BF2's airforce made things a tad more difficult)

Much like how De_dust became the best base design for counter strike's de mode.

Not sure if its a good idea moving both sides to aircraft carriers.

more importantly will it go the 1942 route and have the carriers controllable (and sinkable) or will it opt for the battlefield 2 route and have them unsinkable and unmovable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Yay! At last a release date.. July 8th.. Can't wait!!

http://kotaku.com/5306207/battlefield-1943-storms-the-front-next-week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

As per Acey Bongos
    To clarify, BF1943 will be availble on Xbox LIVE Arcade next Wednesday (July 8) for 1200 MS Points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

damnit I only just got bad company last week and now I gotta get something new.

I'll hold off until it confirms carriers are sinkable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I'll hold off until it confirms carriers are sinkable :D
    Ill hold off until it comes out on the PC. Who knows, maybe they'll make the carriers sinkable in the PC version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

This game is a joke.

Batlefield vietnam recieved a patch that included remakes of all pacific maps plus one new pacific map all remade in the BF:V engine for absolutely FREE back in the day. Now they want to do pretty much the same thing but charge you 20 quid? Youd be a ****ing chump to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Is there any word on when/if it will be coming to PC ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

jonski wrote: »
    Is there any word on when/if it will be coming to PC ?

September (from DiCE) They said that they need an extra couple of months as the PC version isn't a port from the console version and so needs more development time.

Advertisement