Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re assault

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Pure thick with authority The young gardai havent a clue.

Couldn't agree more.:D

Pure thick, is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Thats the problem with the younger Garda these days. Pure thick with authority and no understanding or common sense with dealing with people. Yet if you meet a guard about 30-40 maybe a sergeant on the beet and they are the most genuine people you would meet. The young gardai havent a clue. This is just my opinion.

Generalise much? I've come across plenty of competent young Gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I dont wish to hijack this thread,but I was assaulted tonight.Was just one punch but the scum bust me nose!:mad:It was most likely caught on CCTV.Totally unprovoaked!

Would it be worth going to court over?I have already been to the Gardai barracks and they said they will ring me on monday about it.

Just an end note,the Gardai were really helpfull in all of this.Really calm and talk me through all me options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

I dont wish to hijack this thread,but I was assaulted tonight.Was just one punch but the scum bust me nose!:mad:It was most likely caught on CCTV.Totally unprovoaked!

Would it be worth going to court over?I have already been to the Gardai barracks and they said they will ring me on monday about it.

Just an end note,the Gardai were really helpfull in all of this.Really calm and talk me through all me options

Unless you went to the Gendarmes or Guardia Civil I think you were in the wrong country ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Eru wrote: »
    Unless you went to the Gendarmes or Guardia Civil I think you were in the wrong country ;)

Ha.You know what I mean:DThats what we always have called it up these parts for some reason.Anyway,might have to head to A+E today,think the auld nose is broke:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Ha.You know what I mean:DThats what we always have called it up these parts for some reason.Anyway,might have to head to A+E today,think the auld nose is broke:(

A+E? Don't you mean, 'The Institution' or something along those lines... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I was assaulted tonight.

Totally unprovoaked!

Yeah sure Local Womanizer :pac:

At the end of the day it is up to yourself if you want to make a formal complaint or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Yeah yeah,

if you spoke with the Gardai already ring or call in and discuss the matter with them directly. They were there and can offer better honest advice than we can about this but if your talking a broken nose then yes, I would follow it up with a complaint and make sure to get the doctors details as the Gardai will need to get a medical report (dont worry we pay for it not you)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Anyway,might have to head to A+E today,think the auld nose is broke:(
    Just remember, with the current unrest in the Public Services, one of the Nurses might want to pickit!

I'm here all week folks, tip your waitresses!

• Advertisement
Advertisement