Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do you dislike Liverpool?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Find me a trollish comment I have made. Everything I post I stand by as my opinion. That's what a message board is after all - a load of differing opinions. We don't all sing from the same hymn sheet. If that's what you want then there's plenty of LFC boards that will cater for it.

It's funny that you fire out the trolling accisation just because I have differing opinions on the club and its players. I would have thought that my posting record in itself would be enough to prove I am no troll and it's insulting that you would stick that in my face. So what if I'm a mod. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else, and that opinion has not changed since when I was just a regular user.

There was the comment that I called you up on last week. Then there is your post in the thread.

The first one was inflamatory and the comment on this thread was based on your prejudiced perception of Liverpool. You have been asked back the comment form this thread up but have some far refused to do, that or you are having difficulty finding said proof.

The behavior in both cases are not becoming of someone with mod status. Some folk here may like you but that is not an reflection on the nature of your posts.

As for you being a mod and still being able to have an opinion. I am not disputing your right to an opinion but if you, as mod of the soccer forum, decide to slate a group of fans that make up anything up to 50% of visitors to that forum, you should be expected to back up that statement. If you cannot back up that statement, you should either retract it or be treated merely as troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i think he just meant that you said we're always going on about this being our year, but aren't actually giving any links for anything for this. Just post another reason or something.

I really don't want to have to go through 10,000+ posts in the Pool thread as well as numerous other threads but I do believe the line is bandied around every year. I'll retract it if that is deemed reasonable but imo that'd be pointless because it won't change my feelings on it.

I'm more than happy to keep an eye out for posts of that nature from here on in and bookmark them for future reference.
    oh, and on a seperate note could you use your moderific powers to delete those pics on the previous page?

Was just about to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Who, Me? Or your 'supporters'?

i actually worry for someone who posts up pictures of dead fans just for the craic. Seek help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Why do I dislike Liverpool?

Do you hate the Irish for the actions of the IRA?
    """""""""""""""""""""Americans"""""""""""""""""""""""""KKK?
    """"""""""""""""""""""Germans""""""""""""""""""""""""""SS?
    Or are you just trying to wind up Liverpool fans?

I suspect it's the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pics are gone

SRFC90 - you must have missed the warning in the OP. I suggest you read it. Post anything like that again and you'll find yourself in Bansville.

Everyone please just forget they were ever there.

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Warper wrote: »
    But can't you see that you are not challenging this year - i mean Utd are 1-5 to win the title and its the beginning of February - wake up - the League is 2/3rds the way through and it is all but over.

The reason Liverpool are second is because Chelsea are in turmoil.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    (There's a genuine question in the thread so just stick to that. Any OT posts, flaming, etc will make me close it)

well.. at least we have made a bigger challenge to the title this year then anyone but utd. which is essentially wat im saying. liverpool actually challenged, regardless if Utd cruise on to win now.

is that nice and clear for you? im very awake btw and am able to look at a league table. how many points were newcastle ahead of utd one year back in the 90s?
    nah, dont think about that just think about the usual pretty thoughts "BLLEEEAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHH!!!! I HATE LIVERPOOL SO MUCH! THEY CANT DO ANYTHING. THEY ARE WRONG! WRONG WRONG WRONG! AND I WILL TELL THE INTERNET THAT!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I really like Liverpool - i mean it is like Fantasy Football with them:p

oh and ya they have improved this year:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The question is why do you dislike Liverpool.

Well wake up and smell the coffee, most people don't dislike Liverpool bar Everton and United fans.
    For those of us that do not support Big Four clubs we like to see more teams in contention every year.
    While I don't like the football being played at Liverpool sometimes, Liverpool are one of the best sides to watch in big games. They beat United and Chelsea this year.
    Rafa Benitez annoys me when they play the poorer teams in the PL but I still don't dislike the guy, the man is a top manager and has proven it in Spain in the past and also at Liverpool with his success in the Champion's League.

For us guys that want a competitive Premier League we want to see the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Aston Villa succeed and become more competitive.
    Isn't competition what the whole game is about?
    Is it not more fun when you win the League by 4 points or so.
    Do you not agree that the most boring of recent seasons was 2004/05 when Chelsea marched away from the rest?
    I do understand Everton fans disliking Liverpool to a certain extent as its City rivalry. I do understand United fans disliking Liverpool, its deeply ingrained in the United fans psyche going back to the 20+ years without a title when they spent more money than any other club and still could not match the dominant Liverpool teams of the 70's and 80's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Enough, it seems that we aren't all adult enough to have a civilized debate on this topic at this hour on a Monday morning. Which is a shame, because there is an interesting discussion in the thread title.

Everyone needs to cool off, I may reopen this tomorrow afternoon...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement