Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Break Deals

• 09-02-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just back from a weekend at the hotel below, Great hotel check out the trip advisor reviews. good value for money.

http://www.waterfordmarinahotel.com/

Room rates 54 euro per room per night breakfast included

Dinner Bed and Breakfast Offer !!
    Description: FANTASTIC OFFER DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST €110.00 per night in total. (Kids u12 stay free just pay for meals)

Stay 2 Nights or more and get 15% off per night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Is this an ad?????? Nothing bargainish about it. There's value everywhere now, not just in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dolles

No Was actually trying to start a thread on tried and tested good value wkend breaks. Don't bother contributing to post unless you have got something related to add.

It does not seem like that. And, without your permission, I will comment on a blatant advertisement. Please stop trying to act as if you know how. You just look silly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

haha this isn't an advertisement at all at all!

consultech wrote: »

What's the haha about. Are be back in baby infants? Grow up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

consultech wrote: »
    Think this is a good deal - pity I live in Waterford though!!!

Spent the weekend in Cork and found it difficult to get any deals - Clarion Hotel for €90 per room Room Only was the best I could find!

Keep the deals coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Valentia wrote: »
    It does not seem like that. And, without your permission, I will comment on a blatant advertisement. Please stop trying to act as if you know how. You just look silly!

seriously why the hell do you think this is an advertisment, yes it is not as good as the d4 deal but it is still a deal, truthfully if you have a problem with a post report it and let the mods decide.

and to the OP thanks for taking the time to post

seriously why the hell do you think this is an advertisment, yes it is not as good as the d4 deal but it is still a deal, truthfully if you have a problem with a post report it and let the mods decide.

and to the OP thanks for taking the time to post

Huh? I think it's an ad. OK? What's the big deal FFS?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well it reads like an ad so I'd agree with Valentia on this front.

However in future if someone sees something that they feel is not on the level you should really use the report this post feature sybolised by this report.gif graphic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Huh? I think it's an ad. OK? What's the big deal FFS?????

if you think it is an add the report the post and stop trying to ruin the thread, as others have stated they think it is a good bargain, so let people be their own judge.

edit: to me it doesn't look like an add rather just a cut and paste from an add

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

This is ideal, heading to Waterford next week with the kids, thanx OP, saved a few bob....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

dolles wrote: »
    Room rates 54 euro per room per night breakfast included

You sure breakfast is included? Looks like room only on the site.
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Ad or no ad, this is a very nice hotel. Stayed there with the OH last year and is a nice quiet area, but quite close to the city. It may be too cold at the moment, but theres a spot outside the bar by the river you can sit out and have a few drinks, very nice and relaxing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

I stayed in the Ramada, Bray 2 weeks ago.
    Dinner, Bed & Breakfast was €85 (single room).
    Food was very good, 3 course meal.

Stayed in Clarion, Sligo the same week & they charged €89 for b&b. Had a suite there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Looks like a good deal to me.

Why do people have to be so negitive?

People who post deals should be encouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Kenlen

Room only in the Ramada Viking for Valentines night is €50 which must be the cheapest around.....Does anyone know what the restaurant in that hotel is like???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i'vw stayed many times. the rooms are nice enough. the food isn't too bad either. great value for €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

Ramada (Bray) was very nice & rooms really comfortable.

The grub was very good, which I wasn't really expecting considering the price. I was working in the area at the time & this was the best deal (mid-Jan).

Maybe I did get out of the wrong side of the bed :mad:
    Apologies OP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Apologies OP...

Thought you were a bit harsh, but fairplay for the apology...Well done:D

• Advertisement

Its read like an ad cause I copied and pasted from website, was quicker than tying out all the details
    Keep the post coming guys. Anyone know any good pampering wkend deals??

shnaek wrote: »
    You sure breakfast is included? Looks like room only on the site.
    Cheers!

I got this deal and breakfast was included but better off check with hotel to be sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Days hotel Galway. 2 nights B&B and 1 Evening meal. €99pps

Am headin down in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Let's face it, it's going to be hard to mention good deals without it looking like an ad! A tricky one alright.
    Me and the missus are off to the Carlton Kinsale hotel w/end after next. Deal was 199 total for two nights plus a 4 course meal WITH WINE! Then they added a third night for free! I snapped it up with both hands. Think they have this deal on offer till May or so (don't know if it covers Saturday nights or not). Will post back on this thread after my trip to say whether it was worth it or not... hotel looks great on the website but the reality can sometimes be very different. Still, Kinsale town looks like a funky spot so can't go too far wrong.
    Hope this thread keeps going... I love cheap weekends away to get away from all the f***** recession talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Lads,

Am planning a city break for my mam/dad for her 60th birthday to the Edinbourgh.
    I want to book hotel/flights seperate and then book them on a tour of the city and castle etc etc.
    Can you advise on where would be good sites to look up further info on this

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

http://www.clarendonhoteledi.co.uk/

Stayed here about 18 months ago, strongly recommend it. It was quite pricey as we went during Fringe Festival but might do bargains this time of year. It's in an ideal spot just down the road from Edinburgh Castle which is only something like £8 per person. All shops, restaurants, bars are on it's doorstep. Ryan Air would maybe be the cheapest airline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Kenlen wrote: »
    Room only in the Ramada Viking for Valentines night is €50 which must be the cheapest around.....Does anyone know what the restaurant in that hotel is like???

How did you get this price Kenlen - cheapest price on their website is €99 room only for Feb 14th?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Kenlen

Booked it 2 weeks ago direct from the hotels web site, they had a lot more options available then seems to be very little left now, availability must be scarce now....seems to be a decent hotel though worth watching for future
    deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Apologies OP...

Tis easy to get suspicious. I did with this one below:
    karlyk1 wrote: »
    Let's face it, it's going to be hard to mention good deals without it looking like an ad! A tricky one alright.
    Me and the missus are off to the Carlton Kinsale hotel w/end after next. Deal was 199 total for two nights plus a 4 course meal WITH WINE! Then they added a third night for free! I snapped it up with both hands. Think they have this deal on offer till May or so (don't know if it covers Saturday nights or not). Will post back on this thread after my trip to say whether it was worth it or not... hotel looks great on the website but the reality can sometimes be very different. Still, Kinsale town looks like a funky spot so can't go too far wrong.
    Hope this thread keeps going... I love cheap weekends away to get away from all the f***** recession talk.

Now that looks like an AD to me!! In fact (brain working overtime at this point) I am seeing connections between a user name of "KarlyK" and "Carlton Kinsale". ;);) I must be paranoid.

• Advertisement

Now that looks like an AD to me!! In fact (brain working overtime at this point) I am seeing connections between a user name of "KarlyK" and "Carlton Kinsale". ;);) I must be paranoid.

Have to say exactly my thoughts. Sounded like someone trying to be clever but not quite pulling it off. Kinsale is too far away anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Sounded like someone trying to be clever but not quite pulling it off.

i.e. not very clever at all, quite dumb actually :D (Only if you are guilty karlyk!)

Well, well, well… interesting responses guys. Just how in fact are we supposed to let each other now about (possible) bargains without mentioning price, location, etc? Maybe next time I post I won’t mention anything about the deal/product in question - then people can use their psychic powers to guess!!!

Actually, I’m new to boards.ie but I don’t think I’ll bother posting anymore if this is the sense of paranoia that exists. I mean, come on! One poster sees a connection between my username ‘KarlyK’ and Carlton Kinsale? Sherlock Holmes would be proud. Another poster says Kinsale is too far away??? From where exactly? And isn’t a holiday SUPPOSED to be far away?

I also mentioned in my post that this hotel could be a dump for all I know, it just looks good on the website. If I worked there would I say that? I had originally intended to post again after the trip to say whether it was worth it or a kip. Think I’ll leave it now.

I agree we have to keep our eyes out for blatant plugs but this is ridiculous. I’d be interested to know how to post good deals without mentioning names. Think I’ll just read them in future.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Just booked The Heritage Hotel for 3 nights B&B plus 1 dinner for €200 (2 adults). The offer is only available through pigsback.ie. Available for weekends and weekdays and until the end of April.

Stayed there a few years ago and its a fabulous hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Just booked The Heritage Hotel for 3 nights B&B plus 1 dinner for €200 (2 adults). The offer is only available through pigsback.ie. Available for weekends and weekdays and until the end of April.

Stayed there a few years ago and its a fabulous hotel.

Is that a deal from pigsback, cant seem to find it. Only one I can find is using the promotional code Bacon09.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

Agreed. I certainly don't see offer anywhere, and the bacon09 one isn't very "special" either.
    Reganovski wrote: »
    Is that a deal from pigsback, cant seem to find it. Only one I can find is using the promotional code Bacon09.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

Hi All

Booked a 2 night B&B+1 Dinner deal in Newpark Hotel in Kilkenny. they are doing this deal from this weekend until the end of March for €109PPS. apparently the place has had an overhaul and its opening up saturday so this is a reopening deal. heading down in March for a nice relaxing weekend away! :cool:

I can't find that Heritage offer on Pigsback either Bazwaldo... any help? Sounds like it's a great deal too – if you can find it! Might treat ourselves (again) and go in March. Tnx

Reganovski wrote: »
    rgunning wrote: »
    Agreed. I certainly don't see offer anywhere, and the bacon09 one isn't very "special" either.
    I can't find that Heritage offer on Pigsback either Bazwaldo... any help? Sounds like it's a great deal too – if you can find it! Might treat ourselves (again) and go in March. Tnx

It was on the home page earlier and I just went there now and its still there, also with a earn 10 points link :)

Maybe they are targeting me, only me. :cool:

Pigsback link

Heritiage Hotel Link

Your employers in Carlton Kinsale won't be pleased with you staying in another hotel. :pac::pac:

I see you've forgiven us bargain hunters anyway. :D

Ha! What employers? Sure don’t I own shares in that hotel…. (eh, that’s a joke by the way).
    Nothing to forgive for bargain hunters, I’m one myself dontcha know, just certain people’s negative comments.
    Anyways, The Heritage link is on the Pigsback homepage now alright, but it definitely wasn’t there earlier on (??). It looks like another cool offer… just need to save up my money for scoops and grub on the other two days.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

bazwaldo wrote: »
    It was on the home page earlier and I just went there now and its still there, also with a earn 10 points link :)

Maybe they are targeting me, only me. :cool:

Pigsback link

Heritiage Hotel Link

I think we were looking at the golf resort rather than the one in Portlaoise.

Advertisement