Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car hire in galway

Options
  • 09-02-2009 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi guys,
    i'm wondering if any if you know anything about car hire in the galway region.. im looking to hire a car for a midweek break to a location in ireland that is not all that accessible.. is there anywhere that will lease a car to someone under 25 that any of you guys would know about?? or is there a national age restriction? i would have to get the car in galway confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Enterprise Rent a Car up in Ballybrit will for definate, you have to be over 21 though and the insurance is slightly more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 reptila

i looked them up on the internet, i think they have a minimum age of 25, unless im looking up the wrong company..... i'm 22, with a full license, and paying extra wouldnt bother me too much.....

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I got caught once before going to Budget, they have a requirement of min 2 yrs full license, Enterprise I never had any hassle with bar it taking ages to get the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I hired off them before Christmas for a weekend and I'm 24 and he didn't bat an eyelid. 08 ford focus, very nice car :D Point out every small dent/scratch when doing the pre-hire inspection though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 reptila

biko, just looked up your link there for dan dooley, an extra 160 for 2 days because i am under 23..:eek: man i nearly fell over.... time to look for a bicycle i think!!
    and galkiefer, did u book with them over the internet or deal with them personally? i tried them on the internet and it said nothing about being the minimum age of 21, it states 23, and says there are no available cars when i change the age! snakes! are they easy to locate in ballybrit? im thinking just calling out to them would prob be a better way of trying to sort something.....

Advertisement