Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long shot/ NIN tune??

Options
  • 09-02-2009 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭

i was out in a club during the week and i heard a kinda cool dance tune that i needed to know the name of, anyway the DJ said it was Nine Inch Nails - Luxor, (i think, what with the music, and the dj booth between us, and the drink consumed, but thats what ive wrote in my fone) i didnt think NIN did that kind of music, but i thought 'if thats what he says, that's what it was'. Looked for it on the 'net when i came home, and couldnt find anything.

it was kinda 'housey' sounding, anyone any ideas what it could be??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

Your description of the song is too vague.
    You could always just go to http://www.nin.com/ and listen to just about every song Trent ever wrote to try and find the one you think it might have been.
    Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

might want to start with pretty hate machine too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

fair enough, i was a bit vauge,

there wasnt any vocals in it, it was just a trancy/housey dont know what to call it, cant remember it now, should have recorded it on my fone but didnt, type tune. it was like something youd hear in a warm up set to get the crowd going before the main DJ comes on

if thats any help....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

NIN don't have a song named that.

It could have been one of NIN's remixes.
    Check here: http://remix.nin.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It was most likely a remix but the question is, which one. Did you remember any of the lyrics?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

It could've been "closer" remixed to fook. If not give closer a listen anyway.... just coz it's amazingly good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

give closer a listen anyway.... just coz it's amazingly good
    thanks guys thats it, didnt recognise it till about a minuite and a half in, but thats definetly the rhythms i was dancing to,
    i like it,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

As the Ghosts album proves, NiN is infinitely better without lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

thanks guys thats it, didnt recognise it till about a minuite and a half in, but thats definetly the rhythms i was dancing to,
    i like it,

There's an EP of remixes of Closer, it's probably on that.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    As the Ghosts album proves, NiN is infinitely better without lyrics.

Beg to differ.
    Trent Reznor can write some pretty damn strong lyrics....
    like... Hurt for example!
    The whole The Downward Spiral album has really strong lyrics.

Beg to differ.
    Trent Reznor can write some pretty damn strong lyrics....
    like... Hurt for example!
    The whole The Downward Spiral album has really strong lyrics.

AAAANNNNNGGGGGSSSSTTTTT

Yeah, you can take into account the angry/whiney nature of Trent's lyrics too!

Trents a great musician, I just think his angsty lyrics let some of his songs down.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Possibly not what you're looking for but Aphex Twin remixed NIN.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Kold wrote: »
    Trents a great musician, I just think his angsty lyrics let some of his songs down.

You'ld have to note though much of Trent's music came from necessity than creativity. All of his albums were reflections of what was going in his mind/in his life at those times. The Downward Spiral was written when Trent was all depressed and contemplating his life, religion and such. Then he made The Fragile when he was all drugged out and wasn't sure of what he was doing. Then after 5 years he released With Teeth which was about him overcoming his drug and alcohol addiction. Year Zero he said was about his feelings of where America and the world was heading towards.

The Fragile and maybe even With Teeth were the last albums Trent made when he was his old screwed up self. Now he's grown up and is not as screwed up anymore. So hence he's shifted his anger from himself towards the government! Though I think Trent has said it that he'ld possibly not be working on any more major music projects in the future. Though he did also say that Year Zero part 2 is still to come to finish off the story he started with Year Zero.

Advertisement