Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand, Hand Tools

Options
  • 09-02-2009 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering does anyone know any places that sell second hand hand tools in cork or the surrounding area. Looking for hand planes, saws, hammers etc.

Cheers
    Stew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Why go second hand?
    Tools are still relatively cheap to buy first hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Not in cork but I got some planes in fairyhouse market,I'm sure you'd get a tool seller at your local car booth sales etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hippychippy

What are you looking for??? I may be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

the army surplus store in middleton has a great range of cheap new and second hand tools.

definitely worth a call in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭rabbit Stew

Why second hand?
    I just like the look and feel of older hand tools.
    I haven't been to the army surplus in Midelton since they moved shop.
    Might have a look during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Dont buy second hand tools they are most likely stolen, especially if buying at a market/car boot sale. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Lots of qualified Carpenters moving to Austraila, for a year are selling their tools to make up some cash. Keep an eye out or ask around.

Advertisement