Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lil Wayne - Prom Queen

• 09-02-2009 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

I never thought I'd see the day when Lil Wayne would be in the rock/metal forum! So he has announced that his upcoming album, 'Rebirth', will be all rock, this is the first single taken from it, its called 'Prom Queen';

What do we think?...................................................................**Better Quality Video**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Oh I can just see this getting a really positive response... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I thought I'd try and stir things up!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Deary deary me, can they put anymore autotune on that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I never thought I'd see the day when Lil Wayne would be in the rock/metal forum! So he has announced that his upcoming album, 'Rebirth', will be all rock, this is the first single taken from it, its called 'Prom Queen';

What do we think?

I honestly tried to give it a chance...i did...i just cant get over how bad a song it is imo anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That was, without a doubt, a thoroughly awful song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Ben Weinman from DEP is teaching him guitar atm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Maybe Ben Weinman can send him to talent school while he's at it. That was just dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Patricide wrote: »
    I honestly tried to give it a chance...i did...i just cant get over how bad a song it is imo anyway.

That's cat

starflake wrote: »
    That's cat

Now that's a phrase i have not heard uttered in over a decade, my brothers used to use it all the time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Now that's a phrase i have not heard uttered in over a decade, my brothers used to use it all the time! :)

Was the only word that would do the right job here!

• Advertisement

This looks like a bad move for Lil Wayne, the hip-hoppers have disowned him and the rockers don't want to know him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Wow, I decided I'd give it a listen and once I got over the awful sound quality I realised it's a very poor song. Dull slow beat, a plodding melody and no imagination in terms of structure or lyrics.

Rockee is absolutely right about the autotune. It sounds like a robot on vocals! Then again, I've never heard the guy sing before, maybe he normally sounds like that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

dear god, thats just wreckless.. And I wouldnt mind but that riff has deifnally been taken from another song. Sounds way too familiar.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I lasted to 1.05

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I thought this was about I Killed The Prom Queen, a truely fantastic band, I was dissapointed............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

think this guy is destroying/destroyed hip hop, now trying to do the same to rock. . .

I wonder is anyone going to be brave enough to admit that they like it? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I love Little Wayne but that's a bad song. He's had much better dabbles into rock and indie music. Here's shooter and greatest rapper alive, far better than Prom Queen. Apparently Greatest rapper alive samples Iron Maiden's fear of death

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I love Little Wayne but that's a bad song. He's had much better dabbles into rock and indie music. Here's shooter and greatest rapper alive, far better than Prom Queen

That first video has embedding disabled so the jury is still out on it :).

As for the second song, the Iron Maiden sample is the best part of it I reckon. I have to say I don't like his vocal style (probably not surprising as I'm not much of a fan of Rap in general) so I don't like it.

Nothing like a bit of modesty for these rapper types is there? If a rock/metal band came out with a song titled "Best Rockers Alive" they'd be laughed at wouldn't they?

malice_ wrote: »

Nothing like a bit of modesty for these rapper types is there? If a rock/metal band came out with a song titled "Best Rockers Alive" they'd be laughed at wouldn't they?

It's a big part of rap music though. Bands who do it in guitar music tend to get an awful lot of press and publicity for it though like Razorlight so it's clearly a good idea

• Advertisement

I've heard him perform this live and it sounds absolutely terrible without the vocoder, and I'm a big fan of Lil Wayne...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Are you guys deaf? This is even better than Bodycount!

Undergod wrote: »
    Are you guys deaf? This is even better than Bodycount!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!
    Erm, how about no? Thank you for calling!

It's a big part of rap music though. Bands who do it in guitar music tend to get an awful lot of press and publicity for it though like Razorlight so it's clearly a good idea
    You're saying it's a big part of Rap for rappers to promote themselves as the best? Fair enough, I don't know enough rap to be able to argue that. It still seems like an odd thing to do though.

I don't understand your Razorlight point (probably just me being thick :) ) are you saying they have promoted themselves as "Best Rockers Alive" or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Bwahahahahahahahaha!
    Erm, how about no? Thank you for calling!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This guy can't even do hip hop without it sounding ****. You rock fans shouldn't be too surprised when he manages to **** up your genre as well :D

malice_ wrote: »

I don't understand your Razorlight point (probably just me being thick :) ) are you saying they have promoted themselves as "Best Rockers Alive" or something?

Before the first album was even released Borrel proclaimed himself better than Dylan, hence the media hype

Before the first album was even released Borrel proclaimed himself better than Dylan, hence the media hype
    Really? What a twat!

Advertisement