Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

currys laptop

Options
  • 09-02-2009 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Bought a Toshiba laptop from currys store up in carrickmines at christmas.paid extra for support thinking if anything goes wrong it will be fixed promply. It stopped working last week so I rang the number on the recipt. A guy ran a few checkes with me on the laptop over the phone. He said that should be ok now. Soon as I tried to reboot the laptop it would still not work. I Rang them back a guy told me the hard drive must be gone they would have to send a courier to collect it from me , he asked me a day, I told him Friday he asked am or pm . I said I would be in all day. Friday came no one called. I rang them back Saturday and was told they don't cover the south of Ireland. And that I should not have been givin a date for collection. Tried to ring currys the shop and answering machine told me that the public office is only open Monday to Thursday. Will try ring them monday.:(

Well here is the continuation. Rang currys the shop to try and fix a date and time with them to collect my laptop. they told me they could not give me a date or time at the minuet. they told me i could drop it in to the shop and it would take a couple of weeks before they would have it back , I told them this is not good enough. I rang consumer affairs and they told me it must be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. I paid extra thinking it would offer me better repair time should the computer stop working it turns out I could have saved my money and they would have had to fix it anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The people who dealt will ALL of currys repairs folded.
    They were called "The tech guys".

Since that happened all repairs had to go back to the manufacturers the same as if you hadnt have taken out coverplan.
    This obviously speeds up the process because it eliminates you from having to give details etc etc etc.
    What sounds to be the problem could have cost a lot more to get fixed had you not taken coverplan out, but you have saved yourself that by paying the extra, fair play to you.

Bringing it back to the shop will take longer obvioulsy with carrickmines getting say one delivery in on lets say a Tuesday (for example) Say you give it to them on a Thursday, they then have to wait until next Tuesday to try and get it sent in the returns from the delivery. That delivery person might not be going back to the Currys warehouse (in wales i believe) until the following week again.

So that could be 3 weeks later.

Your issue is with PC Helpline and not Currys really.
    When they were speaking to you on the phone they might not have realsied you are in south ireland and would have put it through anyway regardless.

I know this doesnt exactly help you move forward with the situation but i just know about these things from when i used to work there.

Advertisement