Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Broken Picture Telephone

• 09-02-2009 3:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

http://www.brokenpicturetelephone.com/

It's basically Chinese Whispers with both drawings and words.

If you are shown a post-it note with a picture on, you have to write down what it shows.
    If you are shown a written explanation, you have to draw what the explanation describes.

This continues for 11 rounds, after which all players involved can see the results.

The link explains the game much better than I can, but it's a fun bit of timewasting :)

Discovered via Dave Gorman's Twitter page.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Haha this is brilliant :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I'm having a great laugh at the archive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Here's a game I played in... so close! Hilarious!

http://www.brokenpicturetelephone.com/view?id=632

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

m83 wrote: »

That is brilliant! Damn WALL-E!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!
    Please try again later.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!
    Please try again later.

Refreshing works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Here's one i played, I'm picture 6.
    http://www.brokenpicturetelephone.com/view?id=1042

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Post of the Day !

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It won't let me sign up, I'm gutted.

Just to let everyone know.. This game is back and better than ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bocha

i actually wept with laughter at the top few - i don't know why it's even funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

http://www.brokenpicturetelephone.com/view?id=266

This is my best one so far.

I'm Robsyouruncle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 AoifeN

http://www.brokenpicturetelephone.com/view?id=266

This is my best one so far.

I'm Robsyouruncle

I liked your interpretation on this one
    http://www.brokenpicturetelephone.com/view?id=180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

AoifeN wrote: »
    I liked your interpretation on this one
    http://www.brokenpicturetelephone.com/view?id=180

:D that was honestly the first program that came into my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Totally addicted to this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Fun game but I often get an error when trying to submit a completed picture.

Creature wrote: »

That's unfortunate but remember it's just ONE guy behind the entire site and neither he nor anyone else expected it to be such a hit. He put it up almost 3 years ago but after receiving over 900 emails in 24 hours two weeks ago he rebuilt the entire thing in just a week. I feel more technical improvements are on the way so its worth sticking with it, patiently. It's just so much fun and refreshingly unspoiled by the usual 4chan/troll possie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Creature wrote: »

Me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

That's unfortunate but remember it's just ONE guy behind the entire site and neither he nor anyone else expected it to be such a hit. He put it up almost 3 years ago but after receiving over 900 emails in 24 hours two weeks ago he rebuilt the entire thing in just a week. I feel more technical improvements are on the way so its worth sticking with it, patiently. It's just so much fun and refreshingly unspoiled by the usual 4chan/troll possie :)

Yeah I'm not giving out, just saying is all. I made a good pic of cats practicing some classical physics equations while an atomic bomc was dropped on their heads but it didn't go through :(.

• Advertisement

This one is brilliant. As is this one.

Was on this site at 3am last night. It's so bloody hard to laugh without making a sound. And I was in convulsions. Had tears streaming down my eyes and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Seems to take ages for the games to be completed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A great idea for a website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

ive quickly become obsessesd

It's gone again :( I got an email saying a game I've taken part in is canceled. Went in to see the end result and was greeted by this message:
    Dear Friends,

I cannot even begin to express my regret that BPT is unavailable yet again.

However, the reason this time is due to my hosting company. The company has decided to close down my database, without any attempt of getting in touch with me prior to doing so.

I have spent the past hour on the telephone speaking with "tech support," frustratingly listening to them "explain" why the database was shutdown. Unfortunately, their explanations only left me with more questions - because:

a) It was clear no one knows the exact reason why the database was shutdown. Apparently the administrators had shut it down, and then left for the day.
    b) No email, no phone call, no attempt to contact me was made to forwarn me that the database will be shutdown.
    c) Despite being "technical support," no one has access to the database - including myself - to conduct investigations, except for the administrators. In that respect, that means that I cannot obtain copy of the data contained in the database to transfer the website - I must simply wait for the administrators to return to work tomorrow.

I hate that I have to do this yet again - I cannot even begin to stress how sorry I am for all this.

That being said, I am not giving up on BPT.

The first time I had to take down BPT, I hope you can all agree, I returned with a much more solid version of the website.

Now that I am forced to take down the website yet again, I hope this time to return with the website hosted with a more reliable hosting company - which takes a more professional approach to these sorts of situations. I also hope the new server will be more reliable, and faster.

Unfortunately I cannot switch servers until I can regain access to all the data that was stored in the database. Afterall, that is where all user accounts, and games were stored. Hopefully everything will remain intact and it will only be a matter of waiting.

Again, I offer my deepest and most sincere apologies.

Sincerely yours,
    Alishah Novin
    alishah@brokenpicturetelephone.com

It's a damned shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

It's gone again :( I got an email saying a game I've taken part in is canceled. Went in to see the end result and was greeted by this message:

It's a damned shame.

Aye, me too. what a load of ring :(

Ahh nuts!

• Advertisement

letter.png

Yaaay! Hopefully it's back for good this time!

Advertisement