Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 3G Coverage Map

• 09-02-2009 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

Is this available anywhere?

I'm living in Portlaoise and have been promised Meteor 3G for the last 2/3 years. Finally they turn it on and it seems to only be the cities that can get it.
    They are "rolling it out" for what seems like an eternity, but there are no dates as to when it can be expected - I'm sure they have a plan somewhere as to when regional towns will be switched on, could they not publish this to keep us informed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

why are you waiting 2/3 years for meteor, Portlaoise is covered by both Voda, 02 and 3....can't see why your waiting on Meteor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'd be interested in finding out who promised you Meteor 3G coverage in Portlaoise over the last 2-3 years.

lol, i'm guessing it was somone in eircom....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

why are you waiting 2/3 years for meteor, Portlaoise is covered by both Voda, 02 and 3....can't see why your waiting on Meteor...

Happy enough with Meteor's service, suits me fine. The 3G thing is not a dealbreaker.
    Rsaeire wrote: »
    I'd be interested in finding out who promised you Meteor 3G coverage in Portlaoise over the last 2-3 years.

Meteor CS were promising 3G to all the country 2 years ago "in a few months". They just kept pushing it out every few months. I'm sure this was discussed here many times back then.
    I'm not that worried about the 3G part of the service (their EDGE is quite fast anyway, just don't like being lied to, I'd prefer if they would just come out and say that they plan to have it by such a date and stick to it.

Anyway, back on topic, any sign of a coverage map????

The 3G coverage map is quite simple...Dublin or Cork, that's it...

If you want 3G look at any of the other network...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

It's more than Dublin and Cork, I can get it all the way from Leixlip to about 4 miles South of Naas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

BigCon wrote: »
    It's more than Dublin and Cork, I can get it all the way from Leixlip to about 4 miles South of Naas...

What drunkmonkey meant, with his rather glib reply, is that officially you're most likely going to receive “Dublin” and “Cork” as answers if you ask Meteor, regardless of whether their coverage stretches further than those county's borders, as they are building their network more and more. Hopefully when Meteor Mobile Broadband launches there will be more information. My educated guess is that Meteor will hit the biggest cities in the country, Limerick, Galway etc, first, and the move away from there.

Advertisement