Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value lunch offers

Options
  • 09-02-2009 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

So does anyone know of or recommend any cafe's / coffee shops / delis that do good value lunches. I know that Insomnia do their sandwich and coffee for €5, and O'Briens also (but it's only take away) and of course Subway sub of the day is €2.99 which is excellent value but none of the Subway's close to where I am have seating, it's nice to be able to sit down for an hour or whatever... so can anyone think of or recommend anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Whats your budget ?

For example I find

Ciao Bella Roma on parliament street great value

Glass of wine .. a starter bruschetta (or similar) ... and a main .. pizza for €10

Wagamamas also for €10 have a main (I had the yaki soba) and a tiger beer (or a juice or a kombucha)

Only done it twice though as 10 quid is a bit more than leftovers from the previous night which I normally have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Well I'm thinking more along the lines of on my lunch break from work so I'm not too interested in a big feed or sit-down meal with 2 or 3 courses, just somewhere to get a sandwich & coffee that doesen't cost a fortune or isn't jammed out the door during the week lunch hour.

I agree with your recommendations but I'd be more likely to go to places like that on weekend when I have more time etc. Couldn't be doing that every day I'd end up the size of a house! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

quite like sitting upstairs in Burger Kings on o'connell street (but one can only take so much burger kings) :D

in terms of the cheap eats .. only one that really springs to mind is subways for the 1.99 or 2.99 sub of the day. Don't eat in town that often just if I've got a meeting or something so then I go for something nice for the novelty factor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

odessa are also doing 5 euro dishes. i'm not a big fan of the place, but you can't go wrong at 5 euros a dish tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Only thing is they don't open for lunch...

• Advertisement
Advertisement