Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Howth C&C 2

• 09-02-2009 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Ruins_by_superflyninja.jpg

SeaShell_by_superflyninja.jpg

Sand_by_superflyninja.jpg

Sea_n___Sand_by_superflyninja.jpg

Sunset_on_the_water_by_superflyninja.jpg

Masts2_by_superflyninja.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

:)

#1 would be the weakest by far for me, unnatural sky and the shadows on the building and the lack of detail in the trees.

#2 I like a fair bit but you missed the bottom of the shadow from the shell.

#3 Interesting but not really for me, again top right a bit too dark.

#4 A better version of #3 but not really for me.

#5 meh

#6 not for me either.

So to cap it off #2 wins for me.
    A tip also is around 3-4 pics are best for C&C, 5-6 dilutes their impact, no matter how good/average. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

:)

#1 would be the weakest by far for me, unnatural sky and the shadows on the building and the lack of detail in the trees.

#2 I like a fair bit but you missed the bottom of the shadow from the shell.

#3 Interesting but not really for me, again top right a bit too dark.

#4 A better version of #3 but not really for me.

#5 meh

#6 not for me either.

So to cap it off #2 wins for me.
    A tip also is around 3-4 pics are best for C&C, 5-6 dilutes their impact, no matter how good/average. :)
    Cheers for the feedback.
    #1 I had purposely lost detail in the trees to just put the focus on the ruins and yeah I think there is a bit too much magenta in the sky!
    #2 In the original photo the full shadow is there but I cropped it to how it is now. Ill have another gander at a recrop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Il leave a bit of feedback ...

#1. as AR said is too oversaturated. The blue in the sky and the orange in the building are too strong. The detail in the building is lost. I dont really think that the composition is the greatest to start with as i find that im focusing on the over saturated sky and the dark foreground stuff, missing out the most interesting thing.

#2. I also think that whole shadow should be in the shot. I have seen these kinds of shots before, and they come out really nice and tropical feeling. I think taking the photo from the other side there would have been more light and greater detail on the shell, with the shadow bouncing off behind it.

#3. I get what you were going for, there can be some nice patterns in the sand created by the water, but it lacks anything special for me.

#4. I think this might be the best shot. Nice focus and texture.

#5. as AR said ... meh.

#6. I like this shot too, or i like the idea of this shot. I especially like the birds in the shots, they really add to the photo. Pity you missed the blue sky or orange sunset sky, got kindof an inbetween sky.

I would say that #4 or #6 win. Think about where the best light is coming from to get the best results. And think about the end product before you start snapping away, take your time on the ones you think could be nice, less is more when it comes to taking pictures i think.

kgiller wrote: »
    Il leave a bit of feedback ...

#1. as AR said is too oversaturated. The blue in the sky and the orange in the building are too strong. The detail in the building is lost. I dont really think that the composition is the greatest to start with as i find that im focusing on the over saturated sky and the dark foreground stuff, missing out the most interesting thing.

#2. I also think that whole shadow should be in the shot. I have seen these kinds of shots before, and they come out really nice and tropical feeling. I think taking the photo from the other side there would have been more light and greater detail on the shell, with the shadow bouncing off behind it.

#3. I get what you were going for, there can be some nice patterns in the sand created by the water, but it lacks anything special for me.

#4. I think this might be the best shot. Nice focus and texture.

#5. as AR said ... meh.

#6. I like this shot too, or i like the idea of this shot. I especially like the birds in the shots, they really add to the photo. Pity you missed the blue sky or orange sunset sky, got kindof an inbetween sky.

I would say that #4 or #6 win. Think about where the best light is coming from to get the best results. And think about the end product before you start snapping away, take your time on the ones you think could be nice, less is more when it comes to taking pictures i think.

#1 I misjudged the colouring of this. (I blame my laptop screen still :D ) In terms of composition how cud it be improved?
    #2 A recrop is in order....
    #6 Nah with this one i wanted the gradient from the blue at the top to yellow for a change but cool if it didnt work out. cheers for the feedback always valued kids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I like the shell and 2nd last one of ripples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I like the 3rd and 4th : they're interesting & colorful.
    The last has some kind of symmetry going on, but might need a better crop !

Oooooh Ive just noticed the sky on the first photo. It looks shambolic!!!! A reedit is defo called for.

Advertisement