Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen car

Options
  • 09-02-2009 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi Just wondering if anyone seen the car chase that happened in Ongar / Clonee last night around 11.30. The garda helicopter was circling till after twelve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

No but I have heard the garda helicopter around a few weeks ago. Did you hear the car chase going on?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

traceybere wrote: »
    Hi Just wondering if anyone seen the car chase that happened in Ongar / Clonee last night around 11.30. The garda helicopter was circling till after twelve.

I heard it alright, both the car and the helicopter. It's a regular occurrence around here. And yes I've also noticed the helicopter around a lot these nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mustang68

I saw SEVEN(!) Garda cars chasing one or more cars between latchford and castlegrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

mustang68 wrote: »
    I saw SEVEN(!) Garda cars chasing one or more cars between latchford and castlegrange.

Im up in Latchfortd how did I not here that,what time of the night was that at.I did here the hellicopter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Excuse my ignorance, but where are Castlegrange and Latchford in D15?
    The 'copper and all manner of sirens and screeching could be heard around Blakestown after 11:30 ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

The 'copper and all manner of sirens and screeching could be heard around Blakestown after 11:30 ish

Yes there in Dublin 15.I didnt hear the hellicopter flying over till well after 12.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Around here somewhere as far as I can tell. both seem to be listed as in Castaheany by daft.ie anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

seen it myself, seen 5 squad cars, 2 marked, 3 unmarked going up the road between ongar towards beechfield, police helicopter too on the scene.

Police helicopter seems to be a regular visitor out this way, particularly on a sun night, few weeks ago it was hoovering over beechfield, makes u wonder whats going on out this way...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Bulmers wrote: »
    seen it myself, seen 5 squad cars, 2 marked, 3 unmarked going up the road between ongar towards beechfield, police helicopter too on the scene.

Police helicopter seems to be a regular visitor out this way, particularly on a sun night, few weeks ago it was hoovering over beechfield, makes u wonder whats going on out this way...

Dublin 15 is teeming with scumbags - that's the problem - I'm sorry to say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

PauloMN wrote: »
    Dublin 15 is teeming with scumbags - that's the problem - I'm sorry to say.

Fixed that for ya?;)

Sseriously though, teeming is a bit ott methinks, but there does seem to be a bit of trouble recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Bulmers wrote: »

I seen the exact same at 11.30 - I was out walking and they drove right by me - it was quite scary - the roads were like glass and the stolen car was doing about 80KPH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

yeag it was a car chase, started in clondalkin went to crumlin, then around the city centre, strawberry beds, lucan, ongar.

car was stopped with a stinger at clonsilla train station and 3 people were arrested.

Advertisement