Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meindl island pro v Meindl makulu pro

Options
  • 09-02-2009 10:52am

Friend of a friend selling a pair of each, worn just twice.

Which is more suited to trekking? Wouldn't mind having a good pair, but just for walking around the hills and bogs rather than going up the Eiger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

What size are they? Price? :pac:

My size and cheap! :p

Okay, size 8. €50. Even though I have new ones, they are only hitec vlites, might buy these and keep them for a few months till the hitecs wear out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

If you have the Vlites for lower level/trail type use, go for the Makalu's for the heavier winter use. They're a great boot - I've just replaced my Himalaya's with a pair.

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

http://www.climbing.ie/smf/index.php?topic=2078.0

You'll have to be fast if you want them, they won't last long..

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    If you have the Vlites for lower level/trail type use, go for the Makalu's for the heavier winter use. They're a great boot - I've just replaced my Himalaya's with a pair.

Are makalus the heavier wearing ones? Will really only be doing hillclimbing, so was thinking of getting whichever one is lighter in the expectation that the hitec mightn't last that long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement