Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I am fairly certain there is nothing after death

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

sink wrote: »
    You won't dislike being dead either!

When I get there, no, I probably won't dislike it. But I think it is totally logical for me to fear death now if it means the end of my consciousness.

Undergod wrote: »
    When I get there, no, I probably won't dislike it. But I think it is totally logical for me to fear death now if it means the end of my consciousness.

But the simple fact is that you won't like nor dislike it, because, you won't exist to know any difference.

To quote Epicurus:

"Why should I fear Death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which cannot exist when I do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Going off on a tangent one of my main issues with religion AND science is how the world is so unbelievably unfair to women: severe pain every month, pms, severe pain in childbirth, menopause, with no scientific need for it.
    Spare a thought for us men who have to live with yee moaning about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Everyone saying they don't fear death is ridiculous. It's the most logical fear anyone can have. I personally am fairly sure that there is nothing after life and for this reason I greatly fear it. People are using a non-belief in after-life as an explanation for not fearing death (intellectual machismo?) when really it is religious people who should not fear death as they are going to paradise (lucky bastards :mad:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

But the simple fact is that you won't like nor dislike it, because, you won't exist to know any difference.

So? I should still fear it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement