Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spa F1 2009 - Camping

• 09-02-2009 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Good morning race fans,

I'm heading to Belgium for the GP in August, I'm planning on hiring a camper van/motorhome for the trip and I need to get some info;

Campsites near the circuit?
    Good facilities required
    Motorhome hire in belgium?
    Best viewing points the circuit (not stands)?
    Nite life info?

And any other info that would be helpful?

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Robur

Hi, I was there last year. There are some camp places around the track, unfortunately not cheap - €80 for small tent, clean showers (€4 per use) and diry (however everyday cleaned toy-toi's. I was seeting at combes (turn 7) but would recommend (T 8 or Eau Rouge). You can find my photos here which maybe give you some track views also http://f1-drivers-autographs.com/index.php?sec=6&id=12.
    Car is a good idea, as travel from Charleroi took me whole night - 2 trains and 2 buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭whoami1

There is, or was, a fine caravan site in Francorchamps village, on the left-hand side coming out of the village heading down the hill towards the circuit. I think it is (or was!) run by the local authority, and was clean but basic. Book now or probably sooner to have a chance of getting a space.

Also, bring your wet gear...

http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en07/home/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Mick, I'm heading to Barcelona this year, Donnington for 2010 (have to see it), and plan on going to Spa in 2011, so I look forward to seeing how you get on.

I know it sounds odd, but could we have a sticky for F1 circuits? Reviews and suggestions?
    Or does anyone have any links to circuit reviews by "ordinary punters" with General Admission tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Plans have been put on hold, got word last week that I'm being made redundant, along with the rest of my work colleagues at SR Technics:(:(

Great idea about the sticky.

Cheers,
    Mick
    mrmac wrote: »
    Mick, I'm heading to Barcelona this year, Donnington for 2010 (have to see it), and plan on going to Spa in 2011, so I look forward to seeing how you get on.

I know it sounds odd, but could we have a sticky for F1 circuits? Reviews and suggestions?
    Or does anyone have any links to circuit reviews by "ordinary punters" with General Admission tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Sh*%e, sorry to hear that!
    I was just going to post this site which has some info about Spa.

http://tinyurl.com/9qp5qd

I usually start putting a few bob away as soon as I get back from a race, so thankfully I've already forked out for Spain. I plan on trying to get to Donnington next year as cheap as possible, possibly by motorbike.

Again sorry to hear you're bad news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Scober11

I went to Spa around five years ago and spent a fortune on stand tickets at the first corner and ended up sitting on the grass on the straight much better view. Gold tickets my arse!

Advertisement