Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards@bots

• 09-02-2009 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭

A couple of shots from yesterdays meet up at the National Botanic gardens.

Cyclamens
    C79813DBB7624D9E83E46500B5A39956-500.jpg

Random flower!
    AF7A740A85724808AE4D39A9F0494A76-500.jpg

Drop (couldn't have done it without you, Rory!)
    47B02014EA474262B783BD32799BA17E-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

nice one. Seems it was a productive day all round really. Got some decent stuff myself too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Very high quality shots Dakar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Very nice indeed.

Like the dreamy abstract quality of the first one.

Great capture on the second .... Impressive. Was that from a burst?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Thanks all for your comments:)

The second one was shot with a close up filter screwed onto a nifty fifty and shot at f1.8, resulting in paper thin DOF, but I presume it's the third one you meant when asking if it was part of a burst. I could lie and say that my superhuman reflexes allowed me to catch the decisive moment, but the reality is more prosaic. RoryW did the Tarzan thing and hung out of the tree to dislodge the droplet for me and at 9fps, my D300 did the rest:D

Here's another couple

B4579E361EAB4C33A2DB8E30189C8E84-500.jpg

7E278286A7A84323842B5D83C2055247-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Ooooh glowyness in the first shot of teh second set there :D

Must stick a few up on flickr, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

good work dakar - very nice indeed.

The second one - random flower (shame on you for not getting its name! :) ) is just dreamy.

Yeah, must say I'm finding this all a bit odd, I never really got the whole flower thing, but now I find myself wanting to go back and have another go, find out names, discover the intimate secret little structures and folds hidden in the blooms, shoot that plant with the gorgeous coppery leaves in the Palm House that I forgot to go back to, find the 'glowyness'.

This is a disease, right?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

They are all great. The drug has hit! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I've a way to go I think.

3264679652_2e4b8675fe.jpg

3264656586_1d61be1d4b.jpg

3264672068_3252748b18.jpg

Some of the shots for some reason are failing upload which surprises me (they are jpgs and conversion was done by Photoshop, so...hmmm) so I am not done yet. These ones I like though.

The first one reminds me of a squid or some other multi-tentacled denizen of the deep on a night out wearing white FMB's:D

I love the cactus spines disappearing into the background in the last one, cool effect:)

It was nice to put another face to a name, I must make an effort to get to more meets.

• Advertisement

dakar wrote: »
    The first one reminds me of a squid or some other multi-tentacled denizen of the deep on a night out wearing white FMB's:D

Paging Dr. Freud :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Calina wrote: »
    Some of the shots for some reason are failing upload which surprises me (they are jpgs and conversion was done by Photoshop, so...hmmm) so I am not done yet. These ones I like though.

I've had the same thing to Flickr recently, i found just retrying straight away when the option was given solved it.

Beautiful shots, by the way.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

rymus wrote: »
    Paging Dr. Freud :eek:

I don't think freud was big on squids ?!?

THIS, on the other hand:
    dakar wrote:
    discover the intimate secret little structures and folds hidden in the blooms,

would have him rubbing his hands briskly together and reaching for his little black casebook ...

Yay, free psychoanalysis on boards, at least I wasn't shooting with a 300mm or I'd have been accused of compensating for something:eek:

Glad I didn't post this one, ye'd have have a field day (on so many levels):)

what... the... ****...

3266841879_3a88b7ba38.jpg

I managed to get these uploaded and flickr has hiccups again tonight.

3266857107_3b9597d033.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Great shots, ill have to try get to one of these meets I only do sports events would love to know how to get shots like that!

Did I see two of you in Centra on the North Strand after Bots?!

i'd be surprised. dakar and me slipped off into town and I was mainly to be found in Easons. Don't know what the others did though but by the description I doubt it was them.

dakar wrote: »

there's an image now in my head that I will never escape from until I forget it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I kind of agree with dakar on the whole other little worlds thing but i'm too scared to admit it round here for fear of being branded a perv :eek:

it was worth venturing into the alpine house after everyone else buggered off, as the place was full of gorgeous paperwhites with the sun shining in the glass behind them. i managed a couple keepers, which is embarrassing considering the amount of frames i ripped through, trying to get something :/

3267601200_80a20e13e0.jpg

I also love hanging about after the rain stops, cos sometimes you get dropsy stuff :)

3266772161_0421dda859.jpg

few more on my flickr, if you're nosy :)

• Advertisement

Cheers for that ringing endorsement! :)

The light is that first shot is just gorgeous btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Some great shots from the day guys!

I've yet to head over there :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Love the 2nd one Elven, it looks as a lot of time and effort went into that photograph too.

Advertisement