Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow C&C

• 09-02-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭

Some pics from yesterday.

595DCC1D8BEA49FDBAB40CF4C4F9BD49.jpg

AC35E733CF16415A97A15337EB89A9C8.jpg

22C1FBBFD1B445728D6A0EA298F73222.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Can't see anything was it a whiteout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

No, I checked Met weather and it said it would be a big thaw today so .....guess they just melted away?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Some nice captures of Birds there.

#1 I would crop some of the right side as the image feels unbalanced to me the way it is.

#2 Well done capturing the bird in flight, but the branch behind is a distraction as well as the bird being undereposed.

#3 One of the better Robin ****s I have seen. Once again the right hand side of the frame is a distraction & draws the eye away. Cropping that away will bring the Robin onto a third intersection & you have a cracking shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭emaherx

Don't know why the first two posters can't see the images.

Thanks CabanSail for some useful comments.
    I will try a recrop of the photos later.

I have taken these in RAW and JPEG
    I just had a we play with the JPEGs using Picasa this morning
    Might try adjusting exposure levels of the Raw files using Photoshop later.

I have a few more of the robin in flight aswell maybe some have less distractions in the background.

I took about 400 pics yesterday so I may have some better ones.
    There are a good few of that robin, he was quite the little poser.

Link incase photos don't display above
    http://picasaweb.google.com/emaherx/Snow2009?feat=directlink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

1st pic I find really dificult to look at as the branches are really distracting.

Robin is the pick of the 5 for me. Although agree that branches are distracting. Once cropped it'd be one for the xmas cards next year ;)

A shame the bird in flight is underexposed, it is a really nice capture otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

emaherx wrote: »
    Don't know why the first two posters can't see the images.

I can't see them either

EDIT: I can see them now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Having the RAW files will mean you can adjust the second image. Not sure what you can do about the Branch behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

quilmore wrote: »
    I can't see them either
    it basically is because the site ggpht.com is blocked by most companies

I can't see them....i'm at home..:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

Eirebear wrote: »
    I can't see them....i'm at home..:confused:

It was the same here, then they popped up, it must be thet they are really slow loading.

The two robin shots work well I think, though you should probably work from the RAWs for best effect. The dove shot is too cluttered IMHO.

• Advertisement

Ok changed images to pix.ie
    hope that works better.

Thanks for the comments so far.
    I will work with the RAW images If/When I get time.

I know the dove image is very Busy, but I only had a second to take the picture and I did take that one from inside the kitchen through the window. I will try croping it and maybe add Soft focus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

emaherx wrote: »
    Ok changed images to pix.ie
    hope that works better.

Thanks for the comments so far.
    I will work with the RAW images If/When I get time.

I know the dove image is very Busy, but I only had a second to take the picture and I did take that one from inside the kitchen through the window. I will try croping it and maybe add Soft focus

It works now! :)

Recropped and photoshopped

6B13FA7F0C494FF7896A5633A9EFEF74-500.jpg

A9112AC4D53C485E80DD09D8C5E4F9C5-500.jpg

0C9C7BFA7AD64B85BB8BCAA89FE360B7-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

sorry, I know the snow has passed. But I forgot I had taken these. I think theyre pretty neat.

DSCF0225.jpg

DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0231.jpg

Advertisement