Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted House

Options
  • 09-02-2009 11:58am

Does anyone remember the supposedly haunted house that used to be beside Leisureland in Salthill? If I remember correctly it was moved piece-by-piece to another location before the Galway Bay Hotel was built, though it could have been demolished completely.

Remember my sibling telling me that he saw candles flicker in the windows one night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Don't remember it but about the candles, it's what they do. Light one and try it out.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Don't remember it but about the candles, it's what they do. Light one and try it out.

That may be, but it's odd to see it in a boarded up abandoned house.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That may be, but it's odd to see it in a boarded up abandoned house.
    Especially considering ghosts can't use matches or safety lighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Gaillimh1990

sorry to burst yer bubble but, ghosts arnt real!!!! except for casper - casper IS real!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MacÚisten

sorry to burst yer bubble but, ghosts arnt real!!!! except for casper - casper IS real!!!!!
    Got some proof of that?:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I remember being told that the Bay View (on the Moneenageesha roundabout) was haunted. It was vacant for years and years.

Also there is / was a pond in the bit where you walk from Wellpark to the Dublin Road, closer to lough-atalia. I heard that was haunted too because some child fell into it and drowned. We used to frighten the bijaysus out of ourselves getting close to have a look in and someone would invariable see a face amongst the sludge sending us all careering up the hill back to safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

There's a haunted house in Corrib Park, think there was an article a few years back regarding the family that was living there, think there name was Fahy but not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

This topic has been done to DEATH on the Galway City forum before

Get's coat.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Use the search forum application...loads of haunted houses in galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Does anyone remember the supposedly haunted house that used to be beside Leisureland in Salthill? If I remember correctly it was moved piece-by-piece to another location before the Galway Bay Hotel was built, though it could have been demolished completely.

Remember my sibling telling me that he saw candles flicker in the windows one night.

Who the hell says "my sibling"?? :p Something wrong with saying your brother?? Shooting yer high-falutin' words off at us mere thesaurus-challenged mortals... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

See the thing is I'm not enquiring about Haunted Houses in general. I'm asking about that specific one, because as far as I can remember it was also a historic site of somesort?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Melty wrote: »
    I saw a reconstruction about this family on "a haunting" on sky channel 524.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0484243/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement