Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Online Darts Software Tournament Groups and Discussion (UPDATED 02/03/09)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Death1234567 check your pms.. i must leave the game for 20 mins... sorry about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

i'm back thanks for waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

If you guys want a face to face tournament after this is over, then I got just the venue!!

Mountrath, exactly half way between Dublin and Limerick on the N7, and right beside the Cork Dublin bus line, and Athlone/Kilkenny/Waterford busline

Venue with 5 boards, kick some ass in person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Never been to Laois before and it's nearly bang on central for most of us!:) Also having 5 boards is ideal. If I can afford it, put me down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Just a suggestion could we keep a track on 180's, low dart finishes and high checkouts on the first page of this thread?? Pad180 had a 180 in our match for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I had a 180 in my match with ratinakeg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Degag had a 180 against me. Ok I'll try think of some way to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

I had two 180's against coyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

If you guys want a face to face tournament after this is over, then I got just the venue!!

Mountrath, exactly half way between Dublin and Limerick on the N7, and right beside the Cork Dublin bus line, and Athlone/Kilkenny/Waterford busline

Venue with 5 boards, kick some ass in person

I'm in balbriggan in dublin but if i can get the day off i'll go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

Id be up for this in Mountrath. Live in kildare and would make a night out of it, afew beers and all! Maybe we could organise to play the semis and final of the online tournament final there? Have an other tournament on the day.
    Are there any good hotels in the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

1 180 for me in my first match against andyp (still lost the leg:mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Ive had a 180 in each of my 2 matches and also all da 19s for a 171:D

mr.jingle wrote: »

Show off!:D fair play mate

mr.jingle wrote: »

plus another 2 two tonight 1 with a 12 darter
    great prformance

Just after hitting a 180 there 2 minutes ago while practising, does that count?;)
    I'm really buzzing after that:D
    Roll on my next match!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Group Tables have now been updated. It's all starting to take shape now. My group is very tight, anyone could go through!

Dead right about the group of death, I can't qualify for the last 8 now!;):(
    Hope I get a better draw next time around;)!

I can still Technically qualify but the chances of Pad180 only getting 1 point from 2 matches might be a bit slim, on top of that i'll have to win both mine and score heavy leg difference to make up the bad night i had against Andy P

On the plus side Colmchilles are now Rushtown league champions

Hurray, first season, and first title

LOVE IT

the only way of me qualifing for the next round is if pad180 loses and i win someting like 10-0, it can happen, oh look a flying pig!:D

scunner wrote: »
    Id be up for this in Mountrath. Live in kildare and would make a night out of it, afew beers and all! Maybe we could organise to play the semis and final of the online tournament final there? Have an other tournament on the day.
    Are there any good hotels in the town.

Well there is a B&B I can organise a good rate for anyone interested!! Just had a tournament with 36 throwers today, Laois B league only but great standard, surprised the hell outta me. Great day for darts

Pics of the venue will be up on laoisdarts.bebo.com if anyone wants to check it out

On the 180 count, think the guy I played in my third match hit one against me

• Advertisement

Ok groups have now been updates. There is a backlog of fixtures at the moment that's why some of them look skwewed. I'm going to insist that all fixtures are played by Friday midnight or people will forfeit their matches.

You have me down as playing 4 games

ive played 3 and ive to play my remaining 2 this week

Cheers.

I had yourself and AndyP's match in twice for some reason

Now that hurts, the one i loose you put in twice :D

least i might stand a chance now

Cheers for running this Kingp35 great help for practicing instead of playing dartspro on your won!!

Might I suggest that for the next tournment players meet twice with the first name out throwing first in the first round of matches and vice versa in the second round instead of the bull up or highest score method that is being used at the moment.

Also seeing as their are so many close matches (well in our group anyway!!) it would be good to get a second match against the same player.

carrick you might be able to nab me at 7 tonight ive had a reschedule to wednesday

double top wont be happy tho :D

Carrickman wrote: »
    Cheers for running this Kingp35 great help for practicing instead of playing dartspro on your won!!

Might I suggest that for the next tournment players meet twice with the first name out throwing first in the first round of matches and vice versa in the second round instead of the bull up or highest score method that is being used at the moment.

Also seeing as their are so many close matches (well in our group anyway!!) it would be good to get a second match against the same player.

Yep think I might make it play each person twice but if I do than then I will make the games just first to 6 in that you don't have to play all ten legs. It's a bit demoralising playing the extra legs when you know you have already lost and it takes too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yep think I might make it play each person twice but if I do than then I will make the games just first to 6 in that you don't have to play all ten legs. It's a bit demoralising playing the extra legs when you know you have already lost and it takes too long.
    Yeah maybe change it to best of 3 sets, with best of 5 legs in each set? That way we can just create a one game in ezchalk.

if i lose the first set 3-2, ezchalk starts my second set 2-0 to me

it really doesnt seem to make any odds

carrick you might be able to nab me at 7 tonight ive had a reschedule to wednesday

I'm playing ratinakeg at 6.45 tonight.

• Advertisement

don't worry mate. pm'd you before i saw this, so if you want to play over the weekend instead thats fine with me:cool:

Yeah maybe change it to best of 3 sets, with best of 5 legs in each set? That way we can just create a one game in ezchalk.

As dionsiseire says ezchalk doesn't like that either. I don't want to use sets anyway, matchplay works much better for this type of tournament because you can have draws and it's easy to work out leg difference.

Any matches on before the football tonight?
    Would anyone like a game now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

kingp35 is now through I take it in our group with yer draw mate you have it on legs I think even if I win my last game?

kingp35 is now through I take it in our group with yer draw mate you have it on legs I think even if I win my last game?

Yep looks like it. I was lucky tonight though. I was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I knew I shouldnt have forfeited that match round one!

I've played 4 now, do I still have til Friday to play El Duderino, don't think it matters now anyway. Enjoyed this tourney

I've played 4 now, do I still have til Friday to play El Duderino, don't think it matters now anyway. Enjoyed this tourney

I have extended the deadline until Sunday midnight. Even if you can't get through you should still play your game.

Cool!!

• Advertisement

The final Group Tables and the qualifiers for the Quarter Finals are now up!

There was no fair way for me to do up group 2. iseethelight ended up going out because of all the matches jay.cymru didn't show up for. If I had taken him out of the tournament iseethelight would have gone through, since I left him in nhughes100 went through.

Sorry lads that group 2 ended up being such a mess and it's very harsh on iseethelight. Hopefully this won't happen in the next tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Got dartboard in house at last so would be interested in next tourney yez do but how does it work, need computer beside dartboard? also dont have broadband (brutal, this day and age:mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I'm on for playing Iseethelight in a play off for a quarter final spot. Doesn't feel right jammying a quarter final spot like that.

thats very good of you nhughes i would of course accept your kind and very sporting offer:)

fair play to kingp this group was a nightmare
    i agree there really was no fair way to sort it out

nhughes100 wrote: »
    I'm on for playing Iseethelight in a play off for a quarter final spot. Doesn't feel right jammying a quarter final spot like that.

I have no problem with that if you lads can play as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Play off scheduled for Tuesday 7.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Hey lads i'm up for the next tournie if you's have one

well done to nhughes a 7-5 winner in the playoff
    a very good game

well done to nhughes a 7-5 winner in the playoff
    a very good game

Unlucky iseethelight, you played well against a good player. Would you like a another friendly match tomorrow afternoon? The first friendly match we played was an epic encounter. Good to see you're back on form even though you lost against a good player!:(

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Unlucky iseethelight, you played well against a good player. Would you like a another friendly match tomorrow afternoon? The first friendly match we played was an epic encounter. Good to see you're back on form even though you lost against a good player!:(

yeah i was happy enough tbh had another bull finish, but started very slow losing the first 3.I had agood average(for me) about 62

Just lost to the better player

Would love a game tomorrow round 2 suit you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement