Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone data accounts

• 09-02-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭

anyone here know what the correct data account to run nokia mail for exchange through would be ?
    i'm trying to set up an n95 which works through wireless but not through vodafone live or mms ( i guess proxied connections)
    on my K800 i have the following
    Vodafone Live!
    Vodafone MMS
    Vodafone MISP
    Voda live! CSD
    Vodafone MISP HSD

will any of these allow a clear connection to run exchange mail through

the read this first has a link but that was done in 2004

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Vodafone isp should allow you to.. though make sure you use the addon package if ur pay monthly as they charge you 2c/KB for the first 512KB and .001c/KB after that if ur not using the addon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would chose Vodafone MISP (which is ISP essentially). If you're on prepay it's 19c per MB which is billed per KB.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Hi do you know how I could route gmail app through a prepay ISP setting as currently my BB storm won't let me access this the gmail app. I don't think I can get it working through Vodafone live on prepay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Using a BB storm would be a whole different ballgame - you could try connecting to vodafone live and then the app to see if it helps to create the connection first, but Blackberries run on service books for most stuff so you prolly won't be able to set up ISP for defo - anywhoo, blackberries never use isp - they use blackberry.net APN instead...
    check out crackberry.com to see if they've any advice... (or pm if con-fu-sed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

zacseph wrote: »
    Using a BB storm would be a whole different ballgame - you could try connecting to vodafone live and then the app to see if it helps to create the connection first, but Blackberries run on service books for most stuff so you prolly won't be able to set up ISP for defo - anywhoo, blackberries never use isp - they use blackberry.net APN instead...
    check out crackberry.com to see if they've any advice... (or pm if con-fu-sed)

Prepaid Sims can't connect through the Blackberry APN, that's why they don't sell the Storm on prepaid. Your best bet for the gmail app is to try the Live! APN.

@OP MISP - but as others have said, make sure to check your price plan/add on

• Advertisement
Advertisement