Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storage heaters recommendation?

• 09-02-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭

I am doing a small bit of a renovation to an old small house and am thinking of putting in a couple of storage heaters rather than an oil burner heating system. Any recommendations on type to buy please? It's just for 2 ground floor rooms.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

dimplex are the most expensive but the new Dimplex duo Heat range do look much better than the older versions. The actually look like radiators.

I am sure the other brands now have something similar and cheaper. Creda would also be a good brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Keep in mind that electric heating has a massive negative effect on a BER rating.
    So if your hoping to sell, it might be worth the cost to use oil bring your rating up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭finbarrk

OK thanks lads.
    The house won't be sold, its just that I want the handiest and the least amount of work way to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Im cursing my landlord for putting these in. All electric 3 bed apartment built in 2003/2004. €555 was my last electricity bill :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭finbarrk

MadsL wrote: »
    Im cursing my landlord for putting these in. All electric 3 bed apartment built in 2003/2004. €555 was my last electricity bill :mad:

God thats enough of a bill. How many heaters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

3 big Duoheat heaters...plus two 'instant' ones in the bedrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

First of all measure the size of the room where the heater is going alot a people just put any thing in and they are too big. Once you measure your room you can offset that with a chart supplied by your wholesaler for correct size heater. Also make sure you have a day and night rate meter installed if you want efficient heating. i.e non-instantaneous heters charging at night on cheap rate and expel warmth during the day. Storage heaters are best suited when occupation is throughout the daytime rather than evening i.e offices, schools. :D

Advertisement