Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo parlour advice

Options
  • 09-02-2009 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi everyone!
    Im new to this site and have browsed through it a little and can see it's jammed packed full of useful info.. However, I have a question and would be very gratefull for any honest advice or comments.. Here goes.....

Im based in Mayo and want to complete my quarter sleeve on both arms as well as some custom work. I have some existing tribal work and want to get it shaded/coloured and incorporated into my new sleeve. Also I want to get a nice piece of a 1950's pin-up girl on my inner arm. The thing is, I got the tribal work done in London and now Im puzzeled as to where to get the rest of the work done. Has anyone any suggestions of a good place in the west or maybe outside?? I'd love to get this done properly and with plenty of detail (esp the pin-up girl, for obvious reasons!!). I hear Irish Ink in Galway are good but then I look around here and some people have mixed opinions. I dont mind travelling within reason.

Most grateful for any input you guys/ladies might suggest.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Hi Kensey,

Cant say I know of any parlour to recommend in your neck of the woods, in Dublin however I would recommend Jani from Zulu and Darren from Colourworks, both skilled artists. If you're willing to travel to the UK for your Pinup I say go to Bez in Triple Six Tattoo.

What style you going for with the sleeves? Are you sticking to the tribal? If so, what style tribal, neo-tribal / polynesian etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭kensey

Thanks for the recomendation! The style i have is neo-tribal but im really open to suggestion as regards the rest of the sleeve by the artist. Thats why I want to find a really good artist with good insight and taste. Hope to have it completed in near future. I dont think i'll be going to the uk for my pin-up, hope to have it done here in Ireland. Do you happen to have a web address for the guys you mentioned?? Thanks again :cool:

Advertisement