Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Filter set up

• 09-02-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying some square filters like the Cokin P series or the cheapo Kood version. I need circ. pol. and some ND filters, and maybe a grad nd for my landscape work. Does anyone have any experience with either of these makes of filter.

I am particularily worried about their compatability with my super wide sigma 10-20mm which is the lens I am most likely to use with filters. I want to avoid vignetting. I know this wide angle holder exists but again I have no experience with these systems.
    Any advice welcomed, please :)

NB. Money is an issue so I can't go spending hundreds on lee filters, unfortunately! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

have cokin P's and have used them on my 10-20 with the standard filter holder. I usually zoom up to about 12/14mm and it's not noticable. Just use solid and grad ND filters. Looked into getting a circular polariser for the P system but it was quite pricey so couldnt justify it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

The WA holder is just the same as the normal holder with one of the filter holder slots cut off. It'll hold one filter, the normal holder will hold 2 (3?) filters.
    Best bet might be to get the normal holder and if you find its vignetting then just hack off the excess :-) You might not have a problem, the holder is pretty large.

Advertisement