Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall of Shame. Offending food & Drink outlets named by the FSAI

• 09-02-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Rats, sewage and cockroaches were just some of the sights that greeted health inspectors in restaurants and pubs last year.

The Herald has uncovered a sickening catalogue of hygiene problems at catering facilities around the country, which would turn the strongest stomach.

In one case, a health inspector actually saw a rat in a dining room, while in another cockroaches were crawling up the walls.

My worst personal experience was finding a maggot in a Chinese takeaway which I purchased in Ennis a number of years ago, luckily it was spotted before I tucked into the meal. :eek:

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/going-out-for-a-meal-tonight-watch-out-for-the-rat-droppings-1633468.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Ah yes finding a maggot in yer food, better than finging half a maggot though ... ;)

hard to trust an organisation which won't release the names of bottled water found to contain coliform bacteria though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Jeez, how hard is it to keep your food joint clean and clear of rats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

One thing for sure, you will never find a Mc Donalds on this list. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

One thing for sure, you will never find a Mc Donalds on this list. :P

because even rats wouldn't eat there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

It's not just dodgy chippers and Chinese restaurants - I see few places in the list that would be considered upmarket (at least in terms of their prices etc)
    - The Ely Wine Bar and Ba Mizu in the powerscourt -won't be eating there again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've eaten in a few of those places plenty of times!

I remember eating in a certain Indian restaurant in Blackrock and seeing cockroaches walk up the wall... horrible.

The thing which bothers me the most is the people working in these bars/restaurants must be absolutely filthy themselves if they are allowing their place of work have cockroaches and rodents in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Is ba mizu still closed? I used to enjoy that place but that and ely wine bar? Never again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

This is why I hate eating out, you never know.

Advertisement