Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am run-down, need some advice

• 09-02-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey,
    as often happens to people in Winter I am feeling very run-down.
    I've just gotten over a cold, am getting coldsores, dry skin, dry hair and my lips are very chapped. I'm tired, but not sleeping right.

I figure I really need to sort out what I'm eating at the moment. I don't eat any junk food really, but tend to overdose on bread and dairy instead.

I'm heading to the supermarket later to stock up on good healthy food.

Am going be having a very busy week this week though, and need the healthfood-kick to happen fast....can anyone recommend a few items that would see me right for the next few days before the proper fruit and veg effect etc kicks in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Fish oil. Sounds to me like you need a lot of fish oil. Way more than the usual one capsule per day that they recommend on the bottle. All that dry skin etc definitely sounds like you need more essential fats.

Vitamin C would probably be good too. Even if you are eating fruit, they can be very low in Vit C in winter, so I'd supplement that.

A good multi-vitamin is recommended for just about everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

fission wrote: »
    am getting coldsores,

As a fellow sufferer of coldsores, I cant recommend the supplement Lysine enough. Really seems to boost the immunity against the darn blighters!!

Advertisement