Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST BARBERS IN CARLOW TOWN ?

Options
  • 09-02-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

:cool:get my hair cut in ann-marie + tara barbers on tullow street ,great hair cut and very pleasant girls,reasonable prices too,:cool::cool::cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

:cool:get my hair cut in ann-marie + tara barbers on tullow street ,great hair cut and very pleasant girls,reasonable prices too,:cool::cool::cool:

my husband and young lad get their hair cut there the whole time. They are very nice girls with fair price. have to agree with you there.

My husband used to go to the barber on dublin st, opposite Umberto's, but stopped in the space of a year the prices had gone up from nine euro, to nine fifty, and stopped off on 12 euro. Everyone time he went in, the price had gone up 50 cent or 1 euro. Very cheeky & expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Get mine cut opposite the old L&N, where the sweet shop used to be.

Pretty good, cheap enough I think.

The one beside Murphs is a bit more expensive but far better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh i go to fiona across from the l&n or to tara and anne marie. i fidn them all good and they know my hair at this stage:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

i get my hair cut by my neighbour, she used to own the "scissors empire" on dublin street. i actually dont trust any one else any more. went to peter marks for that free "model" thing....worst....haircut...ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

ihave to agree anna mari and tara are very good and the price does not change every time i call in :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

If I were to get a haircut I'd go to Identity. Anna (the owner) used to work in Linda Maher's then opened up her own place about 3 years ago. Nice place, nice staff and nice price.
    I haven't been there in a while but I think it was €10 for a dry cut and €15 for a wash and cut.

It's just at the roundabout of New Oak Estate, Staplestown Road and the inner relief road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jim K

What about Man Time ??
    I go there all the time and have no problems with the staff or the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

really want to try man time, any idea of the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Jim K wrote: »
    What about Man Time ??
    I go there all the time and have no problems with the staff or the prices.

did you ever get the hot towel shave thing there. i want to get it for my hubby some time. but would like to know is it a thing you would enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

CoCos in Graigue is a nice place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Must give that place a try, last place I went to did a really bad job, and cost €12 for it!

I had the hot shave and it was only brilliant. Just to sit there and let someone else shave you is great. Just allow a bit of time for it as it can take up to 30 minutes but well worth it I think. Not sure on the price as her indoors always got it for me.
    You wouldnt want to be a bit shakey while getting it done. No after effects of the beer or any thing else either. One slip and "slashhhhhhhh" Naw....Paddy The Turk is very good at his job.

The prices for a dry cut is €12 but they did a good job.
    I am not sure how they compare with the rest of the places in Carlow but I have used them since they opened and have no problems with them.

Make sure an book for either the cut or the shave. They can get busy.

I know this is slightly off track, but is there a good hair salon around carlow for cut and colour? :confused:

HugoIrl wrote: »
    I know this is slightly off track, but is there a good hair salon around carlow for cut and colour? :confused:

what are you looking to get done?

patrickc wrote: »
    what are you looking to get done?

Its not for me, is for the girl I work with. She's looking for a place that does a full head dye thing and wash & cut? Don't know the right terms for it all was only half listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

is yer man O'Toole still there on centaur street? always went in there untill last year, must start going back if its still open.

Its not for me, is for the girl I work with. She's looking for a place that does a full head dye thing and wash & cut? Don't know the right terms for it all was only half listening.

yeh yeh.. blonde would suit you:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Am reading this post with intrest. Personally, I haven't had a decent haircut in the last 10 years. I think a lotta blokes now get the typical skanger 'all off' cut. So much so, that hairdressers nowadays seem to have lost the skills required to give a man a proper haircut.
    Nonetheless, I'll give some of the above some of my custom in the near future. Can't be any worse than the usual 'No 1 merchants' I've encountered in recent years.
    C'mon, wake up! We're not all Skanks/Going bald. I just want a decent haircut!!!!!!!

yeh yeh.. blonde would suit you:cool:

Ha ha, was thinking red myself!!

Ha ha, was thinking red myself!!

might suit ya Alright:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

Yea, mantime is prety good. Good prices and service, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

+1
    Great place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 slipstream5

Mileys,

on Dublin st is a good place, traditional barber shop. Good hair cut too.

Went into Mantime on Saturday at 3pm and the place was full of customers and I was only waiting 25 mins for service. Now thats good.

Jim K wrote: »
    Went into Mantime on Saturday at 3pm and the place was full of customers and I was only waiting 25 mins for service. Now thats good.

how much for a cut in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Well, took the plunge & tried that place on the top of Tullow St.
    Anne-Marie & Tara's.
    Seems like they gave me a fairly good cut. Hard to tell yet.
    Have to see how it grows out..

More anon..

how much for a cut in it?
    €12 in Man Time
    I was in Tullow the other day and happened to go into a barbers on the bridge. A very friendly lassy and the cut was 8 out of 10 but the conversation was 10 out of 10. Very chatty which is a welcome change at times.
    €10 for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

,ann-marie+taras----,got another haircut there,2 blondes ,fine ar?es,good haircut as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Can anyone recommend a barber that can do a decent cut as opposed to just using the razor? I've let my hair go a little long and curly (ii's been four and a half months) and just want to get it thinned out and tidied up.

Most places I've been are grand for the grades 1,2,3 or 4 etc. but not sure if i'd trust them with something more intricate.
    Would I have to go to a unisex salon probably?

• Advertisement

cashback wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a barber that can do a decent cut as opposed to just using the razor? I've let my hair go a little long and curly (ii's been four and a half months) and just want to get it thinned out and tidied up.

Most places I've been are grand for the grades 1,2,3 or 4 etc. but not sure if i'd trust them with something more intricate.
    Would I have to go to a unisex salon probably?

annemarie and tara sheehan are good with both.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement