Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Mince

• 09-02-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm on Weight watchers and Mince has fairly high points. They point it in the book and just say extra lean mince. My question is if I get extra lean mince and then cook it in such a way so as to extract as much fat as possible i.e. george forman or pre boil it to get rid of fat. Is it still the same really high points?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Extra lean mince can be very expensive. I get round steak trim off the fat and chop it up really small, I prefer to see what is going in, you could also get a mincer for proper mince.

It will reduce the points since in WW the fat hugely increases the point value, it is based on calories and fat content.

Have a read of this too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287591

Turkey mince is a better option, lower in points/calories even if your meat mince was totally fat free.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

i would go with turkey mince & dry fry it on a good non stick pan draining off fat that comes away.

points wise if you get mince turkey or beef & use your points calculator you'll get a points value for any kind of mince not just the extra lean.

if you don't have a points caluclator please feel free to PM me & i'll work out the points for you.

Advertisement