Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator / Valve Problem

Options
  • 09-02-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have 2 switches (like light switch) in hotpresss to turn radiators on or off one 'controlling' upstairs, the other downstairs. Over last few months some of the upstairs rads. have starting coming on even though I have pressed switch to off. the other day while having oil boiler serviced I asked the guy. I said I thought it was a valve problem (motorized) he said no, it was a sludge problem. Recommended full clean out using chemicals and new lever valves too. I'd have thought sludge in the system would stop the rads. heating - not the reverse when switch is off.... Anybody had a similar 'problem'? Quoted €275.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement