Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whistle blowing...positive??

Options
  • 09-02-2009 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

in light of of recent events, is whistleblowing in an organisation positive or negative?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Accessory wrote: »
    in light of of recent events, is whistleblowing in an organisation positive or negative?

In before the lock. What recent events?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Whistleblowing should be rewarded because we need people to stand up and expose the cr** that is going on within our large organisations.

We need the likes of Cynthia Cooper of Worldcom and Sherron Watkins of Enron who spilled the beans on some of the cr** that was going on.
    We need brave souls like Christoph Meili, a night guard at a Swiss bank, who exposed fact that nice bunch of Swiss bankers were destroying records belonging to holocaust victims.

We need somebody high up like W. Mark Felt (aka Deep Throat) to spill the beans on what our government are really doing.

Maybe then the ones at the top will watch their step and behave.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

In future please don't post identical threads in different forums.

I'm leaving this open but honestly it's a bit of a pointless question since things like whistle blowing really are down to individual cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I think it is positive in the same way as conscientious objectors in the army. If you don't believe on it, if you feel it is wrong or it is hurting people unnecessarily, yes it should be done, and they should be rewarded for it. However, if this is done to get back at people after being complicit with it, well, these are not any better than the ones they are denouncing.

Advertisement