Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 pay monthly's

• 09-02-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

what is people's opinions about 3?

im a vodafone customer and to be honest getting quite sick of being ripped off! was considering moving to 3 pay monthly and going with the €49 a month package which gets you mear 250 any network mins and nearly 300 texts and unlimited 3-3 calls and 1gb of internet access for €9.99!

is that not a good deal compared to vodafone's perfect choice 200 for €49.20, which gives you 200 any network mins and 200 texts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It is a good deal, you also get €50 back on your second bill, so your second month should be free if you stay within your allowance, your bills will definatly be cheaper on 3,...bundle relax 350 up with a nokia N95 for €99 and you've got a good deal......;)

dm sits patiently for the anti 3 brigade to arrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

cant seem to find the n95! only the n96, looks to be a nice phone but too expensive for my liking!

Go into a store they are available...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Go into a store they are available...

They do but its the Silver one , their plans are tempting though.

stick an 8gb card in it....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Thanks DM, do you know if Three let you try the phone and if reception is poor can it be returned. I go to a part of the country where reception can be quite bad for meteor. Also on spec sheets I have seen I'm not sure if an 8GB card would work, have you tried one?

8gb card definatly works, you've got a 14day money back gurantee with any 3 phone, if you don't like it just take it back to the shop and get a full refund, no questions asked....

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

it would be hard to beat at that!

It's a very good deal, 2 problems with 3 just so your not walking in blind....Customer care can be bad if you've a technical problem, if you buy from a store you should get some support there so it's nothing to worry about....and secondly when your out of 3G coverage you roam onto vodafone so you won't be able to use the internet on the phone......not a major problem.....

Best phone in the 3 Range is the Nokia e71, it really is a powerhouse of a phone...set you back around €149 in a shop on relax 350....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

webels wrote: »
    Also on spec sheets I have seen I'm not sure if an 8GB card would work, have you tried one?

8gb works fine in n95, i think a 16gb will also work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It's a very good deal, 2 problems with 3 just so your not walking in blind....Customer care can be bad if you've a technical problem, if you buy from a store you should get some support there so it's nothing to worry about
    in fairness dm there are thousands of problems that can't be solved in store. I think i can confidently say i could solve any problem that can be solved by changing settings or whatever and i still have to call them regularly.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    there are thousands of problems

I was wondering where you were hiding:rolleyes:

I haven't yet had a problem yet that couldn't be solved, where there's a will there's a way....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Invincible

I've been with 3 on billpay since January 08,Talk 200,it's 200 anytime/network for 25 euro approx,the main problem is coverage,phone switching between 3G and standard signal,calls get dropped,the odd time screen will blank for a few seconds while texting.This happened on the first phone(07 contract) as well.The contract is up so will give Meteor a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I was wondering where you were hiding:rolleyes:

I haven't yet had a problem yet that couldn't be solved, where there's a will there's a way....;)

I second that DM, I have been with 3 since they launched and have never had an issue which was not resolved, yes their CS could be improved but search threads here and there are people giving out about every aspect of every networks operations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Invincible wrote: »
    I've been with 3 on billpay since January 08,Talk 200,it's 200 anytime/network for 25 euro approx,the main problem is coverage,phone switching between 3G and standard signal,calls get dropped,the odd time screen will blank for a few seconds while texting.This happened on the first phone(07 contract) as well.The contract is up so will give Meteor a try.

Your phone going blank is not a network issue but a handset firmware issue

Walkman wrote: »
    Your phone going blank is not a network issue but a handset firmware issue

You could be correct on that,but with previous phone,while dialling numbers,I'd get a message"this number is not regonised" ,when I contacted C S,they advised me to dismatle phone,remove battery and sim for a few minutes:eek:.The signal issue is quite annoying,switching from 3G to 2G and dropping calls.

that sounds like a phone problem, I can understand if your driving but not when your standing still.....meteor have less coverage and hardly any 3G coverage (think three 4 years ago)...

The signal issue is quite annoying,switching from 3G to 2G and dropping calls.

What phone are you using, nokia e65, 6120, any sony?

Walkman wrote: »
    I second that DM, I have been with 3 since they launched and have never had an issue which was not resolved, yes their CS could be improved but search threads here and there are people giving out about every aspect of every networks operations.

You may not have had issues that were never resolved but i have had many and so have many people i know, not just with 3, with all networks. Regardless of the organisation involved, it's silly to say it doesn't matter if customer care is crap because you can get problems solved in store and you know it is

What phone are you using, nokia e65, 6120, any sony?

It's a Nokia 6500,previous was Nokia 6280.

• Advertisement

that sounds like a phone problem, I can understand if your driving but not when your standing still.....meteor have less coverage and hardly any 3G coverage (think three 4 years ago)...

No,it's happening when stationary,not bothered about 3G anyway,not much content of interest on 3,first year there was goal highlights.

No it's not, if your Saab broke down would you call the guys in Sweden or your local garage....

and tbh Sam your the most unlucky man with a phone i've ever met...I never have to call customer care on my own behalf......

It's a Nokia 6500,previous was Nokia 6280.

both those phone have problems, the 6280 was a disaster and the 6500 isn't far behind it...

both those phone have problems, the 6280 was a disaster and the 6500 isn't far behind it...

Would 3 not have tested these phones on their network before they pawn them off to the unsuspecting public ?:(

and tbh Sam your the most unlucky man with a phone i've ever met...I never have to call customer care on my own behalf......
    and yet you have had to call them. I'm not getting into a debate with you on this. All the op has to do is search the forum and he can see that people have to call them all the time and it very much does matter that they're crap

Would 3 not have tested these phones on their network before they pawn them off to the unsuspecting public ?:(

every network has dodgy phones, not all of them are bad just some, the most recent 6500's and ones that go for repair seem to behave themselves .....with 3 if you noticed any problem within the first 28days you should have changed it for another phone...I would and I encourage any of my customers to do the same....

These things happen with software bugs. There's only so much testing that can be done and it's common for stuff like that to happen. That's what firmware updates are for :)

and yet you have had to call them. I'm not getting into a debate with you on this. All the op has to do is search the forum and he can see that people have to call them all the time and it very much does matter that they're crap

and if you do a search for any other network you'll find people also have problems, I had to call vodafone the other day, took 5 minutes to get through their telephone system and then I got through to someone in Nigeria......I not even going to mention meteor or i'll start to get angry...

So by going on your theroy there all crap.....? Can we agree on that...

and if you do a search for any other network you'll find people also have problems, I had to call vodafone the other day, took 5 minutes to get through their telephone system and then I got through to someone in Nigeria......I not even going to mention meteor or i'll start to get angry...

So by going on your theroy there all crap.....? Can we agree on that...

I wasn't saying anything against 3 in this case. I was saying that it's ridiculous to suggest you don't need to use customer care because you can solve problems in store. The fact that you have now mentioned problems you had with vodafone and meteor means you now agree with me and should retract your statement on the previous page where you said
    if you buy from a store you should get some support there so it's nothing to worry about
    Because it obviously is something to worry about. Case closed

• Advertisement

.Customer care can be bad if you've a technical problem, if you buy from a store you should get some support there so it's nothing to worry about.....
    I was saying that it's ridiculous to suggest you don't need to use customer care because you can solve problems in store.
    Case closed

Of course you need customer care, you know what I meant...

I support what I sell, If you've got a problem, come in and we'll get it sorted...if it's something cc can fix easily i'll refer them but if I know it's something that I can fix quickly saving a customer a few hours on the line to tech support, i'll fix it for them.........it's called customer service...

Case closed:P

Advertisement