Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 pay monthly's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Tell Vodafone that you will go to comreg if the matter is not resolved by close of business this evening. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Unfortunately Comreg won't do anything until you make a formal complaint and give vodafone 14 days to respond and vodafone know this. I don't think threats will help here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    It is vodafone's responsibility but what can they do if 3 simply aren't doing what they're supposed to? The same has been suggested to me before by agents of a different network because they were trying to get the 3 support to do their jobs for weeks but it just wasn't happening. This was also a porting related problem

If a member of Vodafone's porting support team is experiencing issues with 3’s porting support team and their lack of co-operation, they should go through the normal escalation procedure in case such as these i.e. speak to their manager. There is clearly an escalation process in place for such events, so there can really be no excuse from Vodafone or for 3 in causing customers so much grief.
    Yep, I have had trouble in the past trying to get a number away from 3.

Same problem, port only half completed. Calls from new phone were ok, but calls in were still going to 3.

This means the port is still half-way though and stuck on either network. It happens more often than not.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If a member of Vodafone's porting support team is experiencing issues with 3’s porting support team and their lack of co-operation, they should go through the normal escalation procedure in case such as these i.e. speak to their manager. There is clearly an escalation process in place for such events, so there can really be no excuse from Vodafone or for 3 in causing customers so much grief.

You would think that there was an escalation process for such events but as you said in the other thread 3 are synonymous with these problems so maybe they have no escalation procedure. Or maybe the staff of the various networks have no more luck getting 3 to break away from their scripts than we do. What can they do other than break into 3's offices and do the job themselves?

This means the port is still half-way though and stuck on either network. It happens more often than not.

What do you mean by "more often than not"? Do you mean that it's normal for this to happen? When I saw it the guy was stuck like that for a few days....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Took me 5 days to become unstuck.

An aside, can a network deny a port because the person is in contract?

• Advertisement

What do you mean by "more often than not"? Do you mean that it's normal for this to happen? When I saw it the guy was stuck like that for a few days....

With regard to porting issues, being stuck mid-way is a common issue.

Took me 5 days to become unstuck.

An aside, can a network deny a port because the person is in contract?

They cannot. The porting system is an automatic process, so once a port is put through the recipient network’s system, the donor network will allow the port; this is, of course, providing the information put through the recipient network’s system is correct and matches what is on the donor network’s system and that the customer, if they are postpaid, is not in debt.

They cannot. The porting system is an automatic process, so once a port is put through the recipient network’s system, the donor network will allow the port; this is, of course, providing the information put through the recipient network’s system is correct and matches what is on the donor network’s system and that the customer, if they are postpaid, is not in debt.
    So if they owe the donor network money the port can be blocked?

So if they owe the donor network money the port can be blocked?

Not can, will. If a port is put through the recipient's system, e.g. Vodafone, and the customer owes money to the donor network, e.g. 3, then 3's system will automatically reject the port due to bad debt.

Now, I'm not sure whether 3 manually have to push a port through each of the individual porting stages, which would account for their issues and delays, but the other three networks' porting systems operate autonomously the majority of the time; user intervention is generally only needed when a port is stuck or there is a problem with the porting system.

I would agree there.

I have to say that porting into o2 is always painless. I had one port concluded in 10 minutes, I was not even out of the shop and the deed was done.

• Advertisement

I would list, from good to bad, the mobile networks’ porting prowess as follows:

O2
    Meteor
    Vodafone

With regard to porting issues, being stuck mid-way is a common issue.

Ah right, when you said more often than not I thought you meant it happened in >50% of ports

Ah right, when you said more often than not I thought you meant it happened in >50% of ports

Luckily I couldn’t say that about any network; including 3. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I would list, from good to bad, the mobile networks’ porting prowess as follows:

O2
    Meteor
    Vodafone

From experience, I think there all the same for a standard port, most problems i've run into are..

Customer gives me the wrong phone number ( i'm still shocked at the amount of people who don't know their own phone number)
    Customer still owes other network money
    Customer gives the wrong account number
    or
    I've entered the wrong phone number..
    I've entered the wrong account number...

It rarely happens but they seem to be the usual suspects, some ports do go sideways for no particular reason on all networks but again there few and far between...

3 are rubbish at sim exchanges, Meteor are not so hot either(that's if they'll even do it for you)....and o2 are top of the class...

Meteor are not so hot either(that's if they'll even do it for you)

Do you still think that they won't do anything if you don't have the pin? I thought we'd covered this and everyone told you that they'll ask you for other details instead just like all the other networks? I have done it literally hundreds of times and not one agent has ever suggested I needed the pin

Do you still think that they won't do anything if you don't have the pin? I thought we'd covered this and everyone told you that they'll ask you for other details instead just like all the other networks? I have done it literally hundreds of times and not one agent has ever suggested I needed the pin

when was the last time you done it...

had a guy last week, a carpenter, he lost his phone (he never registered it with meteor)...

Didn't know his pin as he changed it when he first got the phone, didn't know the last 3 numbers he dialled as he had lost the phone with the numbers in it... Spent about half an hour on the phone trying to convince meteor to do a sim replacement, we even offered to email up a picture of the poor chaps van with the 2ft large 085 number plastered across the side of it... no use, they refused point blank...

Ported his number to o2 back up and running in an hour...problem solved! We were left with no other option.

So he could give no information of any substance that identified him as the owner other than a random photo of a van. Do you think it would have been different with any other network?

Also, it doesn't last to be the last 3 dialled numbers, it can be any numbers from the last three months

Ported his number to o2 back up and running in an hour...problem solved! We were left with no other option.
    And then you could have ported it back to Meteor. :D

So he could give no information of any substance that identified him as the owner. Do you think it would have been different with any other network?

Stop defending them, they've a stupid data protection policy that's unique to them...(how can you claim data protection when there's no data to protect, shower of muppets)

I've had the exact same thing with o2 and 3, never had a problem.

And then you could have ported it back to Meteor. :D

lol, not on your nelly... i don't think his number will ever touch Meteor again, funniest half an hour i've had this month...we had the meteor rep on speaker phone, the tears were running down my face, it was brilliant, sorry I didn't tape it....:D

• Advertisement

Stop defending them, they've a stupid data protection policy that's unique to them...(how can you claim data protection when there's no data to protect, shower of muppets)

I've had the exact same thing with o2 and 3, never had a problem.

That is quite simply not true drunkmonkey. Meteor don't have a data protection "policy", it's the law. If you called any other network and managed to do anything account related without giving any information about the account other than the phone number then the agent broke the law and would be fired for it

I'm going to go ahead and say you're either remembering wrong, ie you actually gave more than the phone number in those cases or you're lying.

Can you fcuking imagine a situation where anyone with your phone number and a sob story could do anything they wanted to your account? It would be fcuking mayhem

That is exactly the situation with unregistered prepaid numbers.

If you think meteor's policy is so bad and that other network's don't have it, give me your phone number and we'll see if we can change your mind*

*We won't actually be able to change your mind because the other networks have just as stringent policies, as required by law. Just making the point that what you suggest would not be a good thing

That is exactly the situation with unregistered prepaid numbers.

No it's not. Unregistered people have to provide information such as when they last topped up and by how much, where they bought the phone or sim or some recently dialled numbers.

I am surprised that unregistered numbers are still allowed given how easy it is for someone to port an unregistered number without permission.

I am surprised that unregistered numbers are still allowed given how easy it is for someone to port an unregistered number without permission.

It's actually just as easy to port a registered number without permission. That information isn't checked not least because staff in network stores don't have access to that info because the person's on another network

Meteor and vodafone support will call the customer in store to make sure it's theirs. O2 makes you sign a form and the person in store is supposed to call but rarely does. Their system is the weakest as dm found out. I think 3 sometimes calls the customer but I can't remember now

Unregistered numbers are illegal in some countries, eg germany. You need to show ID even when buying a sim

That is quite simply not true drunkmonkey. Meteor don't have a data protection "policy", it's the law.

The law dosen't say you need at least 2 of these 3 things..

1. Where did you buy your phone or sim
    2. What are the last 3 dialed numbers (2 is no use)
    3. What's you pin

even if you have the last 3 dialed numbers they still want the place of purchase or the pin....(2 out of 3)

the pin and place of purchase are unique to meteor.....if you've an unregistered sim and a phone you don't know where it was bought, you have no choice but to move from meteor when you loose or need a replacement sim.....

I think 3 sometimes calls the customer but I can't remember now
    They don't. In fact their system is the weakest as it allows civilians at home to go online and request ports.

• Advertisement

you think meteor's policy is so bad

it is, it's the worst of them all...

i'm not making it up, that's my experience, and that's what i've got from it...

Advertisement