Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 pay monthly's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

i thought you no longer worked in the mobile industry sam, it might be 3 have improved in the time you last sold their products (and im sure you were only too happy to take the commission off them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Walkman wrote: »
    i thought you no longer worked in the mobile industry sam, it might be 3 have improved in the time you last sold their products (and im sure you were only too happy to take the commission off them)

i don't, my logic for still having the same opinion was that the number of people complaining over on the bb forum is still very high. and actually when i did sell it i told people what they could expect and made sure to tell them they had 14 days to return it and how to go about doing it.

so when people came back to shout at me it was always someone else who sold it to them because the ones i sold it to knew what they were getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    no, it's not. as i have demonstrated my opinion on it was based on selling it for a year and hundreds of people on boards complaining about it

Hundreds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

what is people's opinions about 3?

im a vodafone customer and to be honest getting quite sick of being ripped off! was considering moving to 3 pay monthly and going with the €49 a month package which gets you mear 250 any network mins and nearly 300 texts and unlimited 3-3 calls and 1gb of internet access for €9.99!

is that not a good deal compared to vodafone's perfect choice 200 for €49.20, which gives you 200 any network mins and 200 texts

Sounds like a good deal alright ,give it a try whats the worst that can happen

ronaneire wrote: »
    Hundreds?

i'd say it's a safe estimate for a thread that's been going since 2007 and has 5975 posts. a group called Ireland Offline even reformed when it was announced that 3 were to be given the tender for the national broadband scheme.

• Advertisement

i'd say it's a safe estimate for a thread that's been going since 2007 and has 5975 posts. a group called Ireland Offline even reformed when it was announced that 3 were to be given the tender for the national broadband scheme.

Maybe things have improved since 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No they have not.

Maybe things have improved since 2007.

maybe they have. as i say i haven't personally sold it early 2008

I have also had an O2 modem before the 3, and 3 works mcuh better.

End off!

I don't think so.

You are such an apologist for 3. ;)

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I don't think so.

You are such an apologist for 3. ;)

I dont think so

I dont think so

That's just what an apologist for 3 would say!!! We've got you now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sam I think you will find the thread on 3 broadband has people posting over and over not hundreds of posters, including people who no longer have the offen but still post to give out about the service. You are determined to slag off 3 at every chance even though you on longer sell their products. I recently had to use a 3 modem for a week and had no problems with it, speeds were better than I remember and I had no problems getting onto google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Hardly you can compare 3 with Ryanair..

no ryanair have actually cleaned up their act a lot in the past few years. you get what you pay for - to sit on the plane for whatever time it takes to get to the destination and nothing more

their 1gb data bundle is quite good but thats the only good thing they have. well the 49c per mb outside the bundle is reasonable. not like meteor 2c/kb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

And you will be waiting a very long time for me to reveal my source. Yes I am including broadband customers which make up 40% of their customer base. Dont bother replying as to how you wont believe these numbers without a source cause I really dont care if you do or not.

Right, well the official stats have them down at 2% market penetration. That doesn't include their fraudband, it is just phone customers. I don't mind if you care or not but if you're going to quote figures to make them sound good, at least have them to hand. FWIW, I actually liked the idea of them having 14% of the voice market, it would show they're making an impact but like I said, they've gone from 3% down to 2%.

Sam I think you will find the thread on 3 broadband has people posting over and over not hundreds of posters, including people who no longer have the offen but still post to give out about the service. You are determined to slag off 3 at every chance even though you on longer sell their products. I recently had to use a 3 modem for a week and had no problems with it, speeds were better than I remember and I had no problems getting onto google

Not everyone who uses 3 is a boards users. The sheer size of that thread says something about their fraudband package. BTW, all mobile "broadband" is fraudband. That's not 3 specific, what is clear is a LOT of people have problems with 3.

I dont think so

Think what you want:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

hi all,my meteor contract ends next week was thinking of moving to 3,also they have the lg viewty which is the phone i want was thinking of their 19 per month plan? any advice or should i stick with meteor
    many thanks

MojoRising wrote: »
    hi all,my meteor contract ends next week was thinking of moving to 3,also they have the lg viewty which is the phone i want was thinking of their 19 per month plan? any advice or should i stick with meteor
    many thanks

Yeah move to 3, they are great... Some people won't agree however;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Invincible

I've noticed lately an E appearing inplace of the G or G with / through it that shows you what signal you're receiving.What does this E signify?

• Advertisement

EDGE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Invincible wrote: »
    I've noticed lately an E appearing inplace of the G or G with / through it that shows you what signal you're receiving.What does this E signify?
    The letter "E" on a handset refers to the "EDGE" part of the network. EDGE speeds are generally up to x6 faster than GPRS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 zest4life

MojoRising wrote: »
    many thanks

I'm in the same position Mojo only my contract finishes with O2 . I've been asking people about Meteor vs 3 on this thread too . If you read back over the various posts , you'll see loads of conflicting opinions on 3 . I'm still undecided and I need to select one and make my changeover on Fri . :rolleyes:

zest4life wrote: »
    God thats fairly shocking !!

As I said, I used to think they were ok but multiple bad experiences have put me off them and I can't recommend them to anyone. I found that link yesterday as another example of how bad they are.

3 are fine so long as you never have to call them.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    3 are fine so long as you never have to call them.

Well I made the move to 3 on Friday eve and due to an ommission on my part with my old O2 details it took until Sat night to port over. I had to call 3 Cust Care several times to update my info and I found them extremely helpful. I know I'm only 2 days in .... but first impressions are satisfactory .... of course I mite just junx myself now and face issue after issue from here on in ... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

Right finally went into 3 to change over from Vodafone on the 12th March, my bill was up with vodafone on the 14th so wanted to get changed over before I went into a new month.

I took out the relax 350 plan which is suppose to be €49 INC Vat, and was told that my number would be ported over that evening, that night still not done and the next morning i was traveling to the UK, the weekend went by and number till not ported over, so went into shop on the Monday and it was done striaght away, I was annoyed that I was after going into another month with Vodafone, but the 3 staff informed me that i would have had to give vodafone 30 days notice any way.

Yesterday I got an invoice from 3, dated the 13th march for €45.36 plus Vat, totalling €55.11.

I also taught that you get €50 off your first bill! Am I wrong?

Im still within my 14 day cancelation period, should I cancel?

• Advertisement

Right finally went into 3 to change over from Vodafone on the 12th March, my bill was up with vodafone on the 14th so wanted to get changed over before I went into a new month.

I took out the relax 350 plan which is suppose to be €49 INC Vat, and was told that my number would be ported over that evening, that night still not done and the next morning i was traveling to the UK, the weekend went by and number till not ported over, so went into shop on the Monday and it was done striaght away, I was annoyed that I was after going into another month with Vodafone, but the 3 staff informed me that i would have had to give vodafone 30 days notice any way.

Yesterday I got an invoice from 3, dated the 13th march for €45.36 plus Vat, totalling €55.11.

I also taught that you get €50 off your first bill! Am I wrong?

Im still within my 14 day cancelation period, should I cancel?

Hiya, I've just finished my first month with 3 and to be honest I've been really happy with it so far. I did have a delay in the porting over of my number. It took about 30 hours .... but as mentioned in my last post some of that was down to me and the fact that I did not supply them with my O2 customer number. Like you in terms of my first invoice - I also noticed a small difference in my first invoice. Should have been approx €59 and it was €62. But to be honest my bills with O2 have ranged from €130 - €180 so I'm still saving money.

In terms of the €50 off the birst bill - I received a text last week to say that this had now been applied to my account so I think you should see that on your second bill.

To be honest I switched to save money and so far that is definitely working . And I've had no problems with coverage for calls / texts and have not had to call 3 customer care except to check on the porting over of my number on day 1.

Advertisement