Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 pay monthly's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I also taught that you get €50 off your first bill! Am I wrong?

Im still within my 14 day cancelation period, should I cancel?

Some would say get out while you have the chance :p

Porting for 3 seems to throw up lots of problems. Once you do port you are meant to get the €50 credit or a free month rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

I switched over also to try save money, and because I was really pissed with Vodafone, but the people I call most are Vodafone, so really starting to think I should go back.

I was really annoyed with 3 that it took so long to port over the number, I had to carry 2 phones around with all weekend in UK incase they decided to port over the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 zest4life

I had to carry 2 phones around with all weekend in UK incase they decided to port over the number.[/quote]

Well to be honest I had to do that too that first weekend and it was very annoying . So I understand where you're coming from. I'm not too familiar with the technology side of things in terms of signals / networks / etc . But you dont think the delay with porting had anything to do with the fact that you were in another country ?

Davy wrote: »

Porting for 3 seems to throw up lots of problems. Once you do port you are meant to get the €50 credit or a free month rental.

I dont know what to do, I cant believe that they sent a bill 1 day into me changing over and they had nt even ported the number over. The bill is due the 1st of April (maybe its a April Fools joke:D), so I dont even get a months use out of the phone!

I switched over also to try save money, and because I was really pissed with Vodafone, but the people I call most are Vodafone, so really starting to think I should go back.

Have you considered vodafone free calls and texts on Vodafone Advantage Plus? Read here

You’ll now get Free Calls and Texts to all Vodafone customers all day, every day for life! Just sign up before the 31st of March 2009 and then Top up by €20 or more in one go every 30 days to avail of this offer.

• Advertisement

zest4life wrote: »
    I had to carry 2 phones around with all weekend in UK incase they decided to port over the number.

Well to be honest I had to do that too that first weekend and it was very annoying . So I understand where you're coming from. I'm not too familiar with the technology side of things in terms of signals / networks / etc . But you dont think the delay with porting had anything to do with the fact that you were in another country ?[/quote]

No I got the phone out on the Thursday at around 2ish and did nt fly out till Friday at 7!

Also did you sign a contract with 3?

I dont know what to do, I cant believe that they sent a bill 1 day into me changing over and they had nt even ported the number over. The bill is due the 1st of April (maybe its a April Fools joke:D), so I dont even get a months use out of the phone!

Well to be fair they did explain to me that the billing cycle would be 14 days-ish after the creation of the contract. So that sounds the same for you. If you think about it though .... had you signed with Vodafone or O2 on billypay - you would have had to pay the first months rental in advance then and there.

Have you considered vodafone free calls and texts on Vodafone Advantage Plus? Read here

You’ll now get Free Calls and Texts to all Vodafone customers all day, every day for life! Just sign up before the 31st of March 2009 and then Top up by €20 or more in one go every 30 days to avail of this offer.

that sounds pretty good! what do you have to do to cancel the 3? 14 days are up on the 26th which is thurs!

Well to be fair they did explain to me that the billing cycle would be 14 days-ish after the creation of the contract. So that sounds the same for you. If you think about it though .... had you signed with Vodafone or O2 on billypay - you would have had to pay the first months rental in advance then and there.

when i took out my vodafone contract i signed a contract and had to pay €50 off my first bill. but i was never asked to sign any paper work with 3!

Also did you sign a contract with 3?[/quote]

Now that you mention it .... I'm not sure if I actually signed anything. Though they did try to print me a copy of the contract but their printer was down so they were meant to post it out to me. I have never received that. Must give the store a buzz. Thanks for reminding me :)

• Advertisement

that sounds pretty good! what do you have to do to cancel the 3? 14 days are up on the 26th which is thurs!

Just bring everything back everything to the store. Phone boxed recept etc. They will organise it for you then. You will still receive a bill for calls and etc that you have used though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm not too familiar with the technology side of things in terms of signals / networks / etc . But you dont think the delay with porting had anything to do with the fact that you were in another country ?

No that wouldn't affect it. Porting is all done on the network side. 3 requests the number and vodafone releases it. It'll happen no matter where your phone is or if it's turned on or not

Just bring everything back everything to the store. Phone boxed recept etc. They will organise it for you then. You will still receive a bill for calls and etc that you have used though

What about my number?

What about my number?

You can still keep your original number and port back to vodafone. Do it today if you can, no point wasting anytime.

thanks for the help, do i have to go to vodafone first?

thanks for the help, do i have to go to vodafone first?

I would go three first,, that is going to be the trickier part ;)

I would go three first,, that is going to be the trickier part ;)
    why do you say that? do i need a good excuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

An incorrect port will always throw up problems, this could be the fault of someone in store...

and also the €50 off your bill , is your second bill not your first one...

why do you say that? do i need a good excuse?

No, you fine canceling under the 14 day cooling off period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You bill and your port are seperate things. When will people realise most of these things are done automatically. You bill is AUTOMATICALLY generated when your account becomes active and it will be for the full amount as you pay a month in advance (maybe a bit more depending on your billing date and when you signed up). Porting is also automatic unless there is a problem and is normally done in no more than a few hours. Porting although done many times daily between all networks is quite a complicated process with many stages from the number leaving one network to being fully ported onto another (if anything goes wrong at any of these stages then it can hold up the port and it does not necessarly mean it is the network you are porting onto's fault).

• Advertisement

Have you considered Vodafone Advantage Plus?

Other Irish mobiles 45c

Hardly good advice on how to save money... Vodafone pre pay is 3 Times more expensive to call anyone not on vodafone versus Relax 350 and above.. txts are also twice as expensive...

Other Irish mobiles 45c

Hardly good advice on how to save money... Vodafone pre pay is 3 Times more expensive to call anyone not on vodafone versus Relax 350 and above.. txts are also twice as expensive...

Think of the bigger picture. It will cost him €20 a month for free vodafone calls and texts. Which he stated that he uses most of the time. It wont be paying €50 minimum on a contract. The €20 topup can be used to pay for those dearer rates for calling other networks. So just because the rates are as you say 3 times more than relax 350 plan doesn't mean it will cost him more, in fact it will save him money and the hassle being locked to a contract.

Think of the bigger picture.

I am

Think of the bigger picture. It will cost him €20 a month for free vodafone calls and texts. Which he stated that he uses most of the time. It wont be paying €50 minimum on a contract. The €20 topup can be used to pay for those dearer rates for calling other networks. So just because the rates are as you say 3 times more than relax 350 plan doesn't mean it will cost him more, in fact it will save him money and the hassle being locked to a contract.

This is true. Texts aren't twice as expensive if they're all free because everyone he texts is on vodafone

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    This is true. Texts aren't twice as expensive if they're all free because everyone he texts is on vodafone

And for other networks he can use your little baby*

*cabbage

there's a lot to be said for being able to pick up your phone and call or text any network at any time and not have to worry what network there on...that's where vodafone falls flat on it's face, it's load of crap and very expensive if you like to call anybody...(the whole point of a phone?)

there's a lot to be said for being able to pick up your phone and call or text any network at any time and not have to worry what network there on...that's where vodafone falls flat on it's face, it's load of crap and very expensive if you like to call anybody...(the whole point of a phone?)

Whereas 3 giving you 700 texts that expire after 7 days and 200 minutes that can only be used at weekends doesn't fall flat for exactly the same reason no?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Whereas 3 giving you 700 texts that expire after 7 days and 200 minutes that can only be used at weekends doesn't fall flat for exactly the same reason no?

relax, I thought this was the 3 pay Monthly thread, no?:confused:

relax, I thought this was the 3 pay Monthly thread, no?:confused:

It is. My post was in response to your comments about vodafone's pre pay plan. You mentioned vodafone pre pay, so I mentioned 3 pre pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone calls to off network calls are only 39c, its 45c on the old price plans!

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/current/

Advertisement