Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 pay monthly's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

thanks for all the help guys. i left the 3 phone back and joined back up with vodafone on their vodafone simply package. so we ll see how that goes, ill prob be back on here complaing about them in the future:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

hardly what i'd call a Gambler:)

gambling days are at a minimum due to the "R" word! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

They are good, once you don't have any problems and need to ring them.

what is people's opinions about 3?

im a vodafone customer and to be honest getting quite sick of being ripped off! was considering moving to 3 pay monthly and going with the €49 a month package which gets you mear 250 any network mins and nearly 300 texts and unlimited 3-3 calls and 1gb of internet access for €9.99!

is that not a good deal compared to vodafone's perfect choice 200 for €49.20, which gives you 200 any network mins and 200 texts

Im back to complain once again, im stuck with no phone since 5 o clock yesterday(number has not been ported over yet), rang vodafone this morning at 9 and was told that 3 had released my number and that Id be up and running at lunchtime. Still nothing so rang back and was told that 3 had nt released my number and vodafone is doin everything possible(yea rite)!

• Advertisement

3 are useless, i was on to vodaone again and they told me to ring 3 and ask why my phone number has not been released yet, rang them and was told due to difficulties it will take between 24-48 hrs torelease my number:eek:! if im lucky it only took them 5 days to port my number over in the first place!

so for anyone out there looking to transfer over to 3, id advise not too, stay away, you ll only end up with no phone for a few days!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Walkman wrote: »
    You bill and your port are seperate things. When will people realise most of these things are done automatically. You bill is AUTOMATICALLY generated when your account becomes active and it will be for the full amount as you pay a month in advance .

It is natural for people to get browned off that they have been billed for a service as soon as they sign on the dotted line but there is a delay in receiving the service (always due to unspecified faults).

It's amazing really how billing systems always err on the side of over-charging.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

3 are useless, i was on to vodaone again and they told me to ring 3 and ask why my phone number has not been released yet, rang them and was told due to difficulties it will take between 24-48 hrs torelease my number:eek:! if im lucky it only took them 5 days to port my number over in the first place!

so for anyone out there looking to transfer over to 3, id advise not too, stay away, you ll only end up with no phone for a few days!

You should know that with 3, everything takes 24 to 48 hours. It's part of their script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

parsi wrote: »
    It is natural for people to get browned off that they have been billed for a service as soon as they sign on the dotted line but there is a delay in receiving the service (always due to unspecified faults).

It's amazing really how billing systems always err on the side of over-charging.... :rolleyes:

He was not over charged. He was billed in the same way any other person would be. He could still call and text so he was billed accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

As has been already mentioned the customer care is the pits i have had serious problems with them but the network is fine and i have no complaints also i cant get a better deal off any other network.I signed up to a deal they were doing when going to some factories here in waterford a couple of years ago and i get 200 anytime mins and 200 texts for €30 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Walkman wrote: »
    He was not over charged. He was billed in the same way any other person would be. He could still call and text so he was billed accordingly.

His number hadn't ported over.

It's a simple change that could be made - if a port is involved then start billing as soon as the port is successful.

Apologists for 3 (and d'others) need to understand that goodwill is cheap to gain - it just requires a wee smattering of the little grey cells - but very expensive to regain.

parsi wrote: »
    His number hadn't ported over.

It's a simple change that could be made - if a port is involved then start billing as soon as the port is successful.

Apologists for 3 (and d'others) need to understand that goodwill is cheap to gain - it just requires a wee smattering of the little grey cells - but very expensive to regain.

Technically he could make calls because with 3 you have a temporary 083 number before your own number ports over. That's not much use to anyone of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Maybe if you had decided to stick with VF in the first place, your phone would be working. :D

ronaneire wrote: »
    Maybe if you had decided to stick with VF in the first place, your phone would be working. :D

your a genius!

Number still not ported over!:mad::mad::mad:

he he, is your number still with 3:D, lol.....you should have taken the gamble..

he he, is your number still with 3:D, lol.....you should have taken the gamble..

yea, was on to vodafone there again and they said 3 still have nt release my number!:mad: not even goin to bother ringing 3, rang them yesterday and little or no info from them!

it should take Vodafone about 2hrs, if not there doing something wrong...I doubt 3 are ignoring the request (unless walkman tipped them off:))

Vodafone told me there is 14 stages in porting a number over, with vodafone passing a request on to 3 and vice versa. Vodafone told me 3 are not responding, and I should ring them to find out why!

Surely that should be vodafones resonsibility!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

But there are loads of lazy people in Vodafone that will make you think it is your problem to get 3 to play ball.
    Just threaten Comreg on Vodafone and they will change their tune.

your not back with vodafone 24hrs and there lying to you already...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Vodafone told me there is 14 stages in porting a number over, with vodafone passing a request on to 3 and vice versa.

If you're porting off a network, the network you are porting from doesn't really care as much as if you were porting on; fact. Vodafone should be chasing this up on your behalf, as it is your business they are receiving.
    Vodafone told me 3 are not responding, and I should ring them to find out why!

Surely that should be vodafones resonsibility!

It is not your responsibility to find out why 3 are not responding, it is the responsibility of the Vodafone porting support team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

your not back with vodafone 24hrs and there lying to you already...:rolleyes:

Not much better than 3 fobbing him off now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

it should take Vodafone about 2hrs, if not there doing something wrong...I doubt 3 are ignoring the request (unless walkman tipped them off:))

Eh, whats that supposed to mean Mr. Monkey.

it should take Vodafone about 2hrs, if not there doing something wrong...I doubt 3 are ignoring the request

They've done it many many times in the past. I've even seen a case where they kind of half released a number so the guy could make outgoing calls from his non-3 sim but if someone called him his 3 phone would ring. Nightmare

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If you're porting off a network, the network you are porting from doesn't really care as much as if you were porting on; fact. Vodafone should be chasing this up on your behalf, as it is your business they are receiving.

It is not your responsibility to find out why 3 are not responding, it is the responsibility of the Vodafone porting support team.

It is vodafone's responsibility but what can they do if 3 simply aren't doing what they're supposed to? The same has been suggested to me before by agents of a different network because they were trying to get the 3 support to do their jobs for weeks but it just wasn't happening. This was also a porting related problem

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    They've done it many many times in the past. I've even seen a case where they kind of half released a number so the guy could make outgoing calls from his non-3 sim but if someone called him his 3 phone would ring. Nightmare
    Yep, I have had trouble in the past trying to get a number away from 3.

Same problem, port only half completed. Calls from new phone were ok, but calls in were still going to 3.

were is 3's customer care centre based? i was on to just there again and got another person the same as yestreday with a south african accent i think. basically been told again that its goin to take up to 48 hours due to "technical difficulties"

were is 3's customer care centre based?
    Mumbai (Bombay) India.

Again you should not be contacting 3 yourself. It is Vodafones problem not yours.

thanks for correcting me there!

yea your right, ive saud it to vodafone already and sure they dont care either! what can i do?

• Advertisement

Tell Vodafone that you will go to comreg if the matter is not resolved by close of business this evening. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Advertisement