Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIAI Forms of Contract

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gunnersonny

In fairness the BOQ appears to be well prepared and measured so I wouldn't have too many concerns. The Bill of Quantities is part of the overall specification received so am I right in assuming changes to the specification or scope of works are still treated the same as if we were using the form with Quantities?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

Not intended to be relied on as professional advice-

if there's a BOQ and it's blue form then:

-the quantities do not apply but the rates do.
    So if you've got a variation it will be based on the Rates in the BOQ.

I'm open to correction on this.

For an interesting discussion on rates, PC v provisional sums and nominated subbies, although a little off point, have a look at St Modwen Developments vs Bowmer & Kirkland- it's an English decision in 1996. basically it means that just because you're told something is a type of cost doesn't mean that it is.

It's no harm to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Open A

Could someone forward them to me too? Thanks!

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Please dont post contact details here. Use PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

Kinda urgently need these, if anyone would be so kind as to send them to me. <SNIP>

Mod edit: Did you read the edited post above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

One of the greatest regrets I had was not buying a copy of it when it was last in print.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnny1110

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Please dont post your email address on a public forum. Use the PM system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement